Thread: Joey Daccord

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Joey Daccord

Is it reasonable to assume that he will get the bulk of starts even once Grubauer is back? Grubauer wasnt excatlhyh playing like an all star and Daccord has been great in relief. I only worry cause he has that $5.9 Million cap hit and is signed for 4 or 5 more years.
    12 team H2H - Points
    Cats G (1.25) A (1) GWG (1) SHG (.75) PPP (.25) PIM (.15) SOG (.20) BLK/HITS (.20) FW/FL (+/- .10)
    GOALIES W (2) GA (-.25) SV (.10) SO (3)

FORWARDS (START 6 DAILY CHANGES)

MCDAVID
    PASTRNAK
    PETTERSSON
    SVECHNIKOV
    B TKACHUK
    V NICHUSHKIN
    ERIKKSON EK
    O TIPPET
    T MEIER
    LARKIN (IR)

DEFENSE (START 3)

DAHLIN
    JOSI
    DOBSON

GOALIES (START 2)

VASILEVSKIY
    SAROS
    SOROKIN
    SHESTERKIN

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Joey Daccord

I would say he will definitely get over half, but a few things will be a factor - if they remain in the playoff chase, they will obviously ride Daccord as long as he keeps playing well. If they drop well out, you will probably see more Grubauer to help him get back some form of game, and to please the people in the front office who gave him the deal. They could also remain in the chase and see Daccord's game slip and Grubauer's improve. They could ALSO end up in a situation where their playoff spot and/or matchup is secure (not likely) and need to rest Daccord because he will be their game 1 starter.

A lot of ifs...but if I had to guess today, I would say I have a hard time seeing Grubauer outplaying Daccord and thus expect the latter to continue to get 60% of the starts or more.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry