Thread: Tiger Woods splits with Nike

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Tiger Woods splits with Nike

Tiger Woods has announced that he is ending his marketing deal with Nike Golf.
    What a partnership it was, Tiger put Nike golf on the map!

It will be very interesting to see what Tiger does next, a lot of speculation he will start his own apparel brand or take an equity stake in another brand.
    Roger Federer did this with On Running Shoes and made a fortune (approximately $200-300million)

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/co...160234702.html

Forum doesn't have a golf subsection so figured this was the next best place to post this.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Tiger Woods splits with Nike

Wow. Both sides probably made a fortune off of each other!

I am guessing that there will be an announcement coming soon that he is buying into some other company
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Did Nike drop him or did Tiger leave? I could totally see him doing his own apparel brand. Nicklaus, Normen heck even Mike Weir had his own brand. I am a big Tiger fan but I as a golfer have never been all that interested in wearing golfers specific brand clothing. Heck I usually wear non golf brand like Travis Matthews, Under Armor, Nike opposed to Titlist, Taylormade, Callaway etc clothes.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Superstar

Impossible to know for sure. Reading between the lines it appears Nike is de-emphasizing golf to a large degree. Nike exited clubs a long time ago but kept apparel.
    It appears Nike is now putting less into golf apparel marketing, perhaps they could not offer the $ Tiger could command and now was the right time to split.

All kinds of rumors of what brand will sign Tiger (and Charlie Woods!). Tiger has owned the "TW" logo forever and licensed it to Nike so he will likely take that with him wherever he goes.
    Tiger has hosts the Genesis Invitational February 15-18 so I would expect some sort of announcement before then.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR