Thread: Jake Debrusk

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Jake Debrusk

I'm in a multicategory cap league, and thinking about dropping him. He's on track to have his worst season in years, and at 4 million per year, I can use the space.

I have a player coming coming off IR, and while I can manage that with sending another guy down to my minors (we have a huge minors system, so lots of options in that regard) there are some other guys out there who aren't as good, but are cheaper.

Do we think he gets back to his normal sort of production, or do the lack of good center options in Boston really hurt him this year?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Jake Debrusk

I hoped both him and Zacha will have big years do to opportunity but Debrusk did not take this chance to shine.

I think It maybe time to part ways

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Jake Debrusk

The lack of centre depth has hurt him.
    Though of late being seeing some time with Pasta.
    Pts haven't been great thru 5 games in Dec (2 assists). Though 11 shots, 8 hits and 4 blocks.

I wonder if give him until the Christmas break. Few more games hopefully playing with Pasta and see if that jumps starts him.

If that fails look to the cheaper options who are providing what he currently does.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov