Thread: What is hapening with Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default What is hapening with Kochetkov

Hi guy's, i picked kochetkov last year cause i tough he was going to have a good chance of getting the job this year but o my god he is having a hard time, he is looking shaky at all time. What do you guy's think? Shoul i trade him? I might be able to trade him for spencer knight, should i go for it?
    Keeper league
    18 Team, General manager
    G,A,W,SO
    12 fwd, 6 def and 2 goalie
    Have to protect 12 players including 3 defense

Team
    M Rossi, Raymond, Bedard
    Kyrou, Dach, E.Pettersson
    Holtz, Burakovski, E.Kane
    Brown, Barabanov, Bennett

Dahlin, Drysdale, Q Hughes
    Petry, Spurgeon, Moser

Kochetkov, Hart

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: What is hapening with Kochetkov

He's not having a hard time at all taking the job considering what happened. He really didn't have a shot yet.

First, once Carolina brought Raanta & Andersen BOTH back, that sealed him as the #3 for this year.
    Second playing somewhere in the AHL - meaning for a team that Carolina doesn't control, that certainly doesn't have the same defensive style where he's not the main priority is certainly a hindrance.

The opportunity is right there. Andersen is out for an indefinite time, possibly forever. Raanta has been hurt at least once already.

Bobrovsky is better than Andersen & Raanta, so dealing for Knight is just getting a situation with more competition.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Be patient. Anyone expecting fantasy relevance from your Schmids, Levis, and Kochetovs this year were not doing their homework. However, long term these young goalies should be well worth keeping.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

To be fair, none of the goalies in Carolina have played well this year so far. It doesn't excuse his play, but for some strange reason they are all struggling.

As far as trading him for Spencer Knight, I'd say that's a lateral move as both guys are young and have bright futures. Lateral moves are ones I dont tend to make.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."