Thread: Thompson or F Gustavsson - rest of season?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Thompson or F Gustavsson - rest of season?

Hi, I hope this is the right place to post this. My current goalies are Demko, Woll, and Thompson. Gustavsson has been sitting on my league's waiver wire and I feel like nows the time to decide if I'd like to gamble on his bounce back or he'll be gone. His stats have looked great since the Wild coaching change (small sample of course) and he was incredible last year

Thompson has been solid so far (sans wins), so it feels wrong to drop him, but Gustavsson's upside seems much higher to me.

Worth a shot or would you hold Thompson? Or perhaps drop Woll instead?
    Y! 10T H2H categories

G A PPP PIM SOG HIT
    W GAA SV% SO

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 1IR

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Thompson or F Gustavsson - rest of season?

Thompson is on one of the best teams in the NHL and even when Adin Hill returns he will get his starts and play extremely well. Woll looks to have taken the #1job in Toronto and their team is pretty good as well.

Sometimes all it takes is a slight change to make a team start rolling and that looks like what has happened in Minnesota. The thing is it hasn’t been for a long period of time yet so I would be wary that the team and Gus turn back to their old ways. Also the Wild is not as good of a team as Toronto or not even close to Vegas.

I think I would still with Thompson and Woll.