Thread: Kurashev or D.Strome?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Kurashev or D.Strome?

Looks like Kurashev is gonna be the guy tied to Bedard, at least for the time being, is also on the top powerplay and has put together a ppg campaign with two more points tonight. Strome has lost his #1 center spot to Kuznetsov, though is still on the top powerplay.

Do I go with the hot hand and potential steal with exposure to Bedard in Kurashev, or do I stay patient with Strome and hope he can replicate his last seasons play?

Categories are primarily points league: G,A,P,PPP,GWG,Shots

Need to swap a center for a center and D.Strome is by far my worst

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Kurashev or D.Strome?

I'd take that gamble.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm sticking with Strome here. Kurashev has never been a big offensive player even before his NHL career (Strome was). He's barely getting one shot a game and is still on pp2. He's shooting over 30% currently. And Chicago has a far weaker pp and offense as a whole.

Strome isn't a big shooter either but he's averaging more shots than ever this year (over 2). Washington is bad but that pp will always be going in full gear to get Ovie his record, and Strome is a part of that.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hmm,

interesting analysis here. So far the vote is 1-1, leaning towards Kurashev here, but I definitely could be swayed.
    Rosters are 25 deep, to lend perspective + 5 bench slots and 5 IR/NA slots
    I just have way too many centers here:

Mackinnon
    Schiefele
    Thomas
    Eriksson Ek
    Zacha
    Nelson
    D.Strome

Hayton [I.R]

We also include SHP, which is pretty rediculous however explains why I value Ek so highly.

Dobber Sports Deity

Im sticking with Strome as well. Even if Kurashev is with Bedard, what has that really been worth this far? We know what Strome is, and you're banking on Kurashev sticking on that line. As quick as he got there, he could be gone tomorrow. I am curious, who's spot did Kurashev take to move up there? Is he there because of an injury to someone?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by felix.potvin29 View Post
    Hmm,

interesting analysis here. So far the vote is 1-1, leaning towards Kurashev here, but I definitely could be swayed.
    Rosters are 25 deep, to lend perspective + 5 bench slots and 5 IR/NA slots
    I just have way too many centers here:

Mackinnon
    Schiefele
    Thomas
    Eriksson Ek
    Zacha
    Nelson
    D.Strome

Hayton [I.R]

We also include SHP, which is pretty rediculous however explains why I value Ek so highly.
    Im not sure where this league is hosted but in Fantrax both guys have C/W eligibility so that should not be an issue.

Atm they look close and even Kurashev has an edge, but i think he depends on surroundings way more than Strome does. If he gets dropped he becomes waiver wire guy and i believe Strome is established enough that he will have some value no matter the deployment.

If you cant make positional requirements work otherwise, this is not terrible trade but based on value and production opportunities i prefer Strome.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones