Thread: Goalie help, please!

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Goalie help, please!

Reposting in this forum since I originally posted in the wrong one. I've got way too many goalies and I need help narrowing them down. Cats are W, GAA, SV%, SV and SHO. Currently I'm running with the following:

1. Oettinger (obvious hold)
    2. Jarry
    3. Grubauer
    4. Gibson (grabbed him when Jarry was hurt)
    5. Woll

Notable FA/WW are:

* Samsonov
    * Mrazek
    * Varlamov
    * Hofer
    * Montembault
    * Allen
    * Vejmelka
    * Ingram
    * Daccord
    * Schmid
    * Fleury

Perhaps given the pretty strong list of goalies on FA, I'd be better off dropping 1-2 of Grubauer, Woll and Gibson and streaming a guy in as needed. I think it's clear I should hold onto Oettinger and Jarry. The question is who would you drop?

Gibson has been pretty good, but I'm wary as to whether the Ducks are for real and he's basically splitting starts with Dostal. Grubauer has been up and down, but whenever I think I'm ready to drop him, he goes on a good run. He will probably be 1a/1b with Daccord. Woll looks to be the preferred answer in Toronto, but he's had some real stinkers and Samsonov will be given plenty of opportunity to show he's still the guy who played so well last year. But Toronto is probably the best team of the bunch and Woll should get wins.
    Y! 10-Team H2H | 3C 3LW 3RW 4D 2G 5BN 3IR+ 1NA
    G A P +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG HIT BLK | W SV GAA SV% SHO
    -------------------------------------------------------
    C: A Matthews, E Malkin, D Larkin, R Thomas
    LW: B Marchand, J Guentzel, F Forsberg, M MacTavish (C)
    RW: M Marner, A Svechnikov (LW), T Konecny (LW), V Nichushkin (LW)
    D: M Seider, B Burns, K Letang, J Carlson, J Lauzon
    G: T Jarry, J Gibson, M Jones
    IR+: M Heiskanen (D), J Oettinger (G)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Goalie help, please!

I'd drop Gibson for one of Samsonov or Daccord. That allows you to hold 2 starters plus a tandem. Then you can work on dealing either the full tandem you have or the partial onefor help elsewhere.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Whast the trade market like in your league.

I assume not very strong with all the goalies on the market.
    I would drop Holl and Grubauer.

Run with Oettinger, Jarry and Gibson.
    Stream in out as goalie get hot or not.
    Or pick up the Toronto goalie that gets the #1 gig.

I like Gibson for his off night schedule
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Novice

Trades are rare. I send out offers regularly but almost never receive a response one way or the other. Everyone is wary of me getting the better of them because I’ve had a lot of success in the league.

Dobber Sports Novice

Someone dropped Nichushkin so I dropped Grubauer to jump on him. Holding onto Woll for now to see how he and Samsonov fare this week. Will assess dropping Woll or Gibson moving forward, but I like Gibson’s off-day schedule, as someone mentioned. Thanks for the advice.