Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: McDavid

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default McDavid

16 team Dynasty league H2H category based league ( G, A, PTS, SOG, Hits, BlKs, FOW, TOI, W, SV% and GAA ). This is the leagues 1st year and obviously my forwards are good but my defence/Goaltending need work. Max of 2 NHL goalies per roster minor eligibility last for 150 GP for Skaters and 75 GP for goalies. Real NHL roster size, 7 player bench and 20 player minor System

Roster-
    C- Mark Scheifele, Thomas Hertl, Jack Hughes, Connor McDavid and Elias Lindholm
    LW-, Evander Kane, Jason Zucker, Nick Foligno
    RW-Mark Stone, Martin Necas, Alex Tuch
    C/RW- Matt Barzal
    LW/RW- Rickard Rakell, Johnathan Marchessault
    Tri flex- Nick Schmaltz
    D- Hronek, Tony DeAngelo, Adam Larsson, Jeff Petry
    G- Sergei Bobrovsky, Jacob Markstrom
    IR- Patrick Laine, Calum Ritchie, Taylor Hall, Pacioretty, Zucker, Savard, Schenn, Spurgeon

Minors- Mikey Eyssimont, Brad Nadeau, Mathew Savoie, Otto Stenberg, Danilla But, Egor Sokolov, Danila Gushchin, Jan Jenik, Justin Danforth, Harvey-Pinard, Carcone, Stenlund, Colin Smith, Zohorna, Merela, Leason MATVEi MICHKOV, Jesse Ylonen, Oliver Bonk, Mikhail Gulyayev, Jordan Harris, Oliver Bonk, Darren Radysh, Stanislav Svozil, Alexander Nikishin, Tom Willander

I’m considering offering McDavid and DeAngelo for Bedard and Seider

The minor eligibility and massive upgrade on D really intrigues me. I have no clue if he’d do it but should I send that offer?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: McDavid

That's an easy no. You don't move the best player in the game plain and simple.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    That's an easy no. You don't move the best player in the game plain and simple.
    He’s been regularly scratched for me because it’s been between him and Jack Hughes as 5th C since I need the FOW Lindholm, Schief and Hertl bring most matchups towards the end of week

Dobber Sports Deity

If you're serious about trading McDavid (which I think is a dumb idea), you let the offers come to you by letting everyone know he's available. You don't narrow and limit yourself to one team.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If you're serious about trading McDavid (which I think is a dumb idea), you let the offers come to you by letting everyone know he's available. You don't narrow and limit yourself to one team.
    My best offer so far has been Sanhiem, Wyatt Johnson and Wilson for McDavid lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Nylander View Post
    My best offer so far has been Sanhiem, Wyatt Johnson and Wilson for McDavid lol
    Then you don't trade him. 8 don't know who's crazier; you for wanting to trade him, or your league mates for trying to lowball you for him.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Then you don't trade him. 8 don't know who's crazier; you for wanting to trade him, or your league mates for trying to lowball you for him.
    I suppose but 5 years down the road will McDavid and DeAngelo ( probably will drop him soon ) really be better then Bedard and Sieder?

Dobber Sports Deity

I suppose but 5 years down the road will McDavid and DeAngelo ( probably will drop him soon ) really be better then Bedard and Sieder?
    No one owns a crystal ball, but I'm still betting on McDavid.

I can't believe I've had to post this many times defending McDavid lol. If you really doubt him, make your Bedard trade and enjoy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No one owns a crystal ball, but I'm still betting on McDavid.

I can't believe I've had to post this many times defending McDavid lol. If you really doubt him, make your Bedard trade and enjoy.
    No idk I guess as a owner I’m just getting worried about the oilers.

Dobber Sports Wizard

yeah this is nuts...just give him away and make yourself a comfortable corner to cry in once he rebounds lol

but seriously stop overreacting, this dude scored 150 points and 60 g last year lol...now you have another guy who wont get that high but i think could flirt with 130 in JH and 2 of them together thats just deadly...keep it and enjoy it..drop one of those FoW guys if you need to...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

This is like his first cold streak in 7 years and you want to trade him?

FOW is a single category. You are benching a 150 point player in a league that counts G, A, Pts, SOG, TOI because he doesn't get as many FOW as Hertl or Lindholm? LOL

Mcdavid shoots 300-350 SOG and averages more TOI than most forwards in the league. Guys like Lindholm and Hertl shoot 170-200 sog a year and score LITERALLY half as much.

Dobber Sports Star

No idk I guess as a owner I’m just getting worried about the oilers.
    The Oilers' success in the standings has as much of an effect on McDavid's ability to contribute to your team as a cotton ball has in stopping a diesel locomotive. You don't look to trade Makar so that you can get Brayden McNabb's plus minus in the lineup. You don't trade McDavid to get someone else's face off wins for the same reasoning. At some point, a bird in the hand is exactly what this entire fantasy sports thing is about and you've got the eagle of eagles in your hand. The only deal you accept for McDavid is one where you think there will be accusations of collusion against you because you got way too much and you think the league might fold because of it. Anything less...would be uncivilized.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    This is like his first cold streak in 7 years and you want to trade him?

FOW is a single category. You are benching a 150 point player in a league that counts G, A, Pts, SOG, TOI because he doesn't get as many FOW as Hertl or Lindholm? LOL

Mcdavid shoots 300-350 SOG and averages more TOI than most forwards in the league. Guys like Lindholm and Hertl shoot 170-200 sog a year and score LITERALLY half as much.
    Well when it’s Saturday night and I’m dominating in those listed categories and losing FOW yes obviously I’ll play Lindholm over McDavid.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    yeah this is nuts...just give him away and make yourself a comfortable corner to cry in once he rebounds lol

but seriously stop overreacting, this dude scored 150 points and 60 g last year lol...now you have another guy who wont get that high but i think could flirt with 130 in JH and 2 of them together thats just deadly...keep it and enjoy it..drop one of those FoW guys if you need to...
    You’re right. I just thought Bedard would get there aswell.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    The Oilers' success in the standings has as much of an effect on McDavid's ability to contribute to your team as a cotton ball has in stopping a diesel locomotive. You don't look to trade Makar so that you can get Brayden McNabb's plus minus in the lineup. You don't trade McDavid to get someone else's face off wins for the same reasoning. At some point, a bird in the hand is exactly what this entire fantasy sports thing is about and you've got the eagle of eagles in your hand. The only deal you accept for McDavid is one where you think there will be accusations of collusion against you because you got way too much and you think the league might fold because of it. Anything less...would be uncivilized.
    Maybe I’m underrating him because I swaped Mack and Leo Carlson for him