faber
    j.carlson
    Vasilevski
    georgiev
    gustavsson
    lyon

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Brock Faber

he got 10seconds of PP TOI and averages just over 1 SoG per game, so im going to say no, he is not offensive D man. However he has played well, he has been involved in the play and so far he got few points to show for it. I dont expect this to last but he is trusted by the coaching staff as he averages near 24 minutes a game so if he plays this much he will get some bounces.

I would expect 30 points and anything above that is gravy and that's not only this year but moving forward. I dont see him as much more than that.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

BUMP:

as a Faber owner im not sure what to make of this kid. he has no pedigree that says he an offensive dynamo, but he had a pretty clear path to PP1 and D1 status on Min this season..does that continue when Spurg comes back? is now teh tie to unload for a decentreturn?
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

The Great One

I posted this in the Calder thread, but here are the players he tied with at 32nd for points per 60 minutes by a defenseman who played 40+ games: Travis Sanheim, Mortiz Seider, Drew Doughty, Sean Durzi, Torey Krug, Mike Rielly, Nils Lundqvist. Jordan Spence, Justin Schultz, Erik Gustaffson, Pavel Mintyukov, and Justin Faulk. Not a stellar list. I project him to be a Filip Hronek type, maybe Cam Fowler, but not better than that. Once Minnesota can spend next summer they will bring in a true offensive d-man and Faber will focus more on "real life" hockey, to the detriment of his fantasy production.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    I posted this in the Calder thread, but here are the players he tied with at 32nd for points per 60 minutes by a defenseman who played 40+ games: Travis Sanheim, Mortiz Seider, Drew Doughty, Sean Durzi, Torey Krug, Mike Rielly, Nils Lundqvist. Jordan Spence, Justin Schultz, Erik Gustaffson, Pavel Mintyukov, and Justin Faulk. Not a stellar list. I project him to be a Filip Hronek type, maybe Cam Fowler, but not better than that. Once Minnesota can spend next summer they will bring in a true offensive d-man and Faber will focus more on "real life" hockey, to the detriment of his fantasy production.
    yes i saw that and got the wheels turnin..
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Faber is an interesting study, because U-Minnesota had some really solid players while he was there: LaCombe, Koster, Ryan Johnson. All born 2001. Faber is a 2002 birth year.
    ALL THREE of those guys were one class above. i.e. They were Senior (4th year) players when Faber was in his Junior (3rd year).

I owned Ryan Johnson in a league - and he was more of the veteran offensive (PP) use.
    [Ryan Johnson is a garbage two-way D-man at NHL level though... sign.)

So I actually think Faber's college numbers were a little deflated by seniority (pun intended) usage.

I doubt Faber will get PP1 TOI over Spurgeon.
    But I think he's gonna run PP2 for sure... and start PP1s if Spurgeon was out for 40sec+ on previous shift.

Faber is very, very good.
    He did default into minutes... but I think he showed enough to warrant 20+ and PP1/PP2 split even with a healthy Spurgeon!

I'm buying if anybody was selling (low).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Faber is an interesting study, because U-Minnesota had some really solid players while he was there: LaCombe, Koster, Ryan Johnson. All born 2001. Faber is a 2002 birth year.
    ALL THREE of those guys were one class above. i.e. They were Senior (4th year) players when Faber was in his Junior (3rd year).

I owned Ryan Johnson in a league - and he was more of the veteran offensive (PP) use.
    [Ryan Johnson is a garbage two-way D-man at NHL level though... sign.)

So I actually think Faber's college numbers were a little deflated by seniority (pun intended) usage.

I doubt Faber will get PP1 TOI over Spurgeon.
    But I think he's gonna run PP2 for sure... and start PP1s if Spurgeon was out for 40sec+ on previous shift.

Faber is very, very good.
    He did default into minutes... but I think he showed enough to warrant 20+ and PP1/PP2 split even with a healthy Spurgeon!

I'm buying if anybody was selling (low).
    Great write up P7. He’s not the next Quinn Hughes however he is an absolute stud defensively and I do think he’s got 50+ point upside. Spurgeon is getting in in years and this kid just played his first season. I think he will eventually be on PP1. Sure Lambos could challenge (I really don’t think Chisholm is the PP1 answer) but Faber almost reminds me of Ekholm. Maybe more offensive upside though. My thoughts. Either way this kid has a bright future and as P7 said if you can get him for a reasonable cost I absolutely do it!