Thread: Mack Trade

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Mack Trade

Yahoo Keep 3 + 1 Rookie H2H
    G, A, SOG, FOW, PPP, HITS, BLKS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

Have had a few offers for my Mackinnon- unsure if I’ll be keeping him as I was able to draft Bedard as my rookie and also have B.Tkachuk, Pasta, Shesterkin and Miller.

Zib + 1st for Mack

Dahlin + 4th for Mack

looking to get something to help me this year but also in the draft next year as we moved from a keep 5 to a keep 3 so it should be deeper. No one ever wants to move picks in our league for some reason so I’m debating these. Any of these make sense or should I hold onto Mack?
    10 Team H2H Keep 3 + 2 Rookie (under 82GP)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOWS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

C: ​Bedard (rookie), Crosby, Thomas

LW: B.Tkachuk, Forsberg, Debrincat (RW)

RW: Pastrnak, Miller (C), Pavelski (C)

D: Dobson, Seider, Pietrangelo, Chabot

G: Shesterkin, Demko, Talbot

NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Mack Trade

Hmmm... I don't see how you can really upgrade your keepers here. Dahlin would be a nice get if you were guaranteed to keep him but with 4 out of 11 categories for goalies Shesterkin is a must keep. So that would leave you with 2 of Tkachuk, Pasta, Mack to choose from. Does Bedard keep his rookie eligibility through next season?
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    Hmmm... I don't see how you can really upgrade your keepers here. Dahlin would be a nice get if you were guaranteed to keep him but with 4 out of 11 categories for goalies Shesterkin is a must keep. So that would leave you with 2 of Tkachuk, Pasta, Mack to choose from. Does Bedard keep his rookie eligibility through next season?
    Bedard won’t keep his rookie eligibility next year so he’ll have to be one of my 3 after this year. That’s one of the main reasons why I’m looking to get something for Mack this year. Neither Zib or Dahlin would likely replace one of Shesterkin, Pasta, Tkachuk for me (Dahlin maybe). So really it’s about getting something that will keep me competitive this year but also help me in a deeper draft next year. I only have 4 D right now so Dahlin would help fill a hole, but Zib deal gives me a better pick next year

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is a 4th round pick the best pick that the Dahlin owner can give you.

With the keepers you have right now, you should have a uber competitive team.
    I would try to win this year with the guys you have and then worry about trading away MacKinnon.

Dobber Sports Genius

Nope I am not making that trade. Defiantly not the 1st one. The only way I do the 2nd if it's a 1st coming back and I am still not sold on it. I hold Mack.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Neither offer is all that good.

Dahlin is the only offer I would possibly work on. For me that means Dahlin & 1st rd pick to start with.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Neither offer is all that good.

Dahlin is the only offer I would possibly work on. For me that means Dahlin & 1st rd pick to start with.
    was able to get it to Dahlin + 1st for Mack. I’d then have to pick 3 out of Shesterkin, Tkachuk, Pasta and Dahlin but I’d get an extra 1st rounder in an out deeper draft next year. Would this be a decent return for Mack or should I stand pat until later in the year to decide?

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Christian T View Post
    was able to get it to Dahlin + 1st for Mack. I’d then have to pick 3 out of Shesterkin, Tkachuk, Pasta and Dahlin but I’d get an extra 1st rounder in an out deeper draft next year. Would this be a decent return for Mack or should I stand pat until later in the year to decide?
    I said to get the 1st at least but I still stand pat. To me it's McDavid, Drasatil and then Mack in almost every format. It's not a bad offer but keep Mack.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Christian T View Post
    It's the start, but not the I accept the deal.

You are dealing a legit keeper, for player on the bubble and a 1st round pick.
    Dahlin is a nice get, but he does not offer more help to you this year then Mack.

Looking at your roster, I figure you are in the top 4 or even better. Mack going for Dahlin and a pick hurts you this year.
    If you can turn that into Dahlin, a good multi cat player, 1st rd pick. Then it may be something to consider if it will help you win the title this year.

With your Cats it would take a real good offer in my boots for me to accept. Mack makes contributions in all 7 of your Skater cats

I am not advocating that you trade Mack, as I am with Canuck fan about Mack's place. At worst 5th or 6th.
    But should you trade him, ensure you are getting a fair offer and that you are happy with it.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Don't let the slow start cloud your vision, Mack is a top 5 player in the league and is starting to heat up. I'd hold.