Thread: Raanta available, who to drop?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Raanta available, who to drop?

Hey all,

So with the news that Andersen is out indefinitely, things have gotten interesting with Raanta on the wire.

Currently, I’ve got Skinner, Gustavsson, and Binnington.

Cats: SV%, GAA, W, SO

Should I drop any of the above to grab Raanta?

There’s some uncertainty if he will stay healthy himself, and if so, whether he will battle Halak or Kochetkov for the full starter role.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Raanta available, who to drop?

I think you stand pat with those goalies. If you have a F or D you could drop then perhaps that would be a good move.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also stand pat. We're not sure which Carolina goalie is going to start between Raanta & Kochetkov.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd also stand pat. We're not sure which Carolina goalie is going to start between Raanta & Kochetkov.
    Yes we do. Kotchketov will be sent down and Halak is the backup.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Stand pat - Koch could steal the show.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Why bring in Halak if Kotch is going to steal the show? You don’t think they want him getting full duty in AHL while they let Raanta and Halak get them into the playoffs and THEN bring Kotch up? What purpose is a 3 goalie carousel?

I can pick any of the 3 up and need to since Anderson is on IR… not sure who to grab
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 93213 View Post
    Why bring in Halak if Kotch is going to steal the show? You don’t think they want him getting full duty in AHL while they let Raanta and Halak get them into the playoffs and THEN bring Kotch up? What purpose is a 3 goalie carousel?

I can pick any of the 3 up and need to since Anderson is on IR… not sure who to grab
    Ask Montreal. But they don’t have a waivers exempt player.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Jedi

Kotch is currently 0-3 with a 4.39 GAA and .836 SvPCT.

while Raanta is 4-1 with a 2.83GAA and .876 SvPCT - He also has a combined 34-8-7 record with the Canes over the last two years.

At best, it'll be a 6-40 split in Raanta's favor while Freddy is, once again, out.

Raanta's your starter. But, no not a 'full starter' he's the main filler until Freddy returns.
    Your problem is you have a couple goalies that are blowing chunks right now, but are too good to drop
    And your best goalie is going to blow chunks sooner than later (Binnington seemingly always falls apart)

Best bet is probably to try and package Skinner or Binnington to another team for a goalie upgrade.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4