Thread: Thoughts on Berggren

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Thoughts on Berggren

Hello all,

Dobber has high praise for this guy. Drafted him thinking of stashing him and see what he could do this year. Not the start I was expecting. You think he’ll come back up for good?

Was wondering what was your thoughts on this kid. Anyone saw him play?

Thinking of burning an FA to drop Berggren and get Brink. Similar pedigree, smaller… but showing great capabilities with good deployment under Torts. Thoughts?

Thx for the input!
    League 1:
    2022-23 Champ!
    Keep 12, Points only, Salary CAP 96M$, 11 teams. 10 F, 4 D, 1 G + 5 bench
    Weekly lineup (H2H), 3 FA/year
    F: MacKinnon, Nylander, Larkin, B. Tkachuk, Eriksson EK, S. Jarvis, Newhook, RNH, Nichuskin, Keller, Raddysh, Tippett, Berggren
    D: Chabot,
    Byram, Durzi, Sandin
    G: Hill, Schmid

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Thoughts on Berggren

Haven't seen him play live, but on television, yes. In a limited role, all he does is wind up on the score sheet. He's a sneaky good assist guy. His contract and Stevie Y's apparent love affair with old vets has made him expendable and available to be sent down without clearing waivers. I didn't expect him to play last night, but got just under twelve minutes with Fabbri and Copp (no PP), and picked up an apple. Finished even, as his line mates were both -2. Go figure. He's a great stash, as I am high on him (just needs a legitimate opportunity). However I am very high on Brink. Small, but again, just scores. With some experience he should be the better fantasy option. If you weren't competing (assuming you are based on lineup and previous years results), I'd drop Raddysh and get Brink. Hopefully you still can, as this is a month old thread.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Thoughts on Berggren

Thx for the feedback!

Too late for Brink, unfortunately. Decided to be patient with Berggren. Might have a decent opportunity before season ends.

Thx!