Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is Lafreniere starting to figure it out?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Is Lafreniere starting to figure it out?

Another 2 assists tonight. He's been shooting more than he ever has been before. Over 3 shots per game over the last 10 games.
    10 team dynasty weekly H2H league no cap
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 Until, 2 G, 4 Bench, 1 NA, 5 IR+ (22 active roster spots)

C: Crosby, Hintz, Cozens (C/RW), Scheifele, Hischier
    LW: Draisaitl (C/LW), Forsberg, E Kane, Nelson (C/LW), Benn
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault (LW/RW), Tippett (LW/RW), Jarvis
    D: Seider, Hedman, Heiskanen, Chabot, Letang, Ekholm
    G: Saros, Thompson, Gustavsson
    NA: Levi

IR+: Landeskog, Hamilton

Prospects: Cutter Gauthier, Zellweger, Nemec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

My optimistic take here is Jerome Iginla for upside. Iggy was extremely talented but he had to find a way to bring that competetive edge to his game more consisterly before he really blew up and even then his teammates used to joke they were hoping the opposition would do something cheeky to "wake the bear" when they played with him lol!

It took Iggy 5 seasons to hit 70 and I dont really subscribe to the fact that first overalls owe us something different. If you hear you could have a player whose even remotely.in that stratosphere you draft him.and you develop the hell out of him which is what I think the Rags are committed to now. There were some early "missteps" or things they maybe thought they couldn't avoid but his development as a star is on track playing with bread man even if the pp time isn't there. He needs reps with skill players who have good habits and hes getting those now.

I think this season will be a great stepping stone and he has looked absolutely lights out for good stretches- but I've said it a few times that really we only need about 60 points to stay really excited with his development. Two years of "kid line" fun might not be what his development needed so you sort of look at this like his sophomore season. Hes not going to pop with no pp deployment but an ES rate of 55 or 60 would be a massive green flag for people.holding out on his absolute upside.

From there it could still take another season or two before he really goes off. He needs consistent deployment and I think with a player with this type of competetice streak you also need to give him.a chance at real meaningful minutes. When the games on the line thats where he'll thrive and like every other aspect.of hockey he needs to get reps in to get the results. Also that kind of competetice drive is exactly what you want to see 9n the ice when you're down one with a minute left but it goes both ways. If a player with this profile can't find a way to invest emotionally in the games the results will be lackluster. My opinion anyways

Dobber Sports Monster

He is, indeed, starting to figure it out

Dobber Sports Ace

Yes he has. He took a huge step forward this year. On top of the points coming, he has looked good. AND he’s doing this without solid power play usage.

I’m not sure he gets prime power play time for another year or two.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

He got dat swagger now!!!
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa