Thread: Drop Campbell for Allen or Dostal?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Question Drop Campbell for Allen or Dostal?

Yahoo H2H - W, GAA, SV, SV% SHO. 24 player deep league, min 4 goalie starts per week.

Shesterkin and Gustavsson are my other goalies; does it make sense to drop Campbell for Allen or Dostal as the third goalie? They are about all that is left aside from Quick, Mrazek, Varlamov or DeSmith. Basically looking for someone with one start a week that wouldn't destroy the GAA or SV%. Edmonton might turn it around eventually, but likely with Skinner as the lead.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Drop Campbell for Allen or Dostal?

I think I'd rather stick with Campbell. There is no way Edmonton continues playing this bad. They have been horrible defensively and now without McDavid for a few more games. They are trying a new system this year and it hasn't been going well so if they abandon that or it starts working eventually things will sort themselves out. Campbell hasn't been good but he will improve statistically as the team does. Allen and Dostal don't appeal much to me.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Drop Campbell for Allen or Dostal?

If Edmonton had a slow section of games in December or January you would likely not be considering this.

So there slow streak is at the start of the season.
    And McDavid is out... I think they will turn the season around and win more games than Anaheim and Montreal combined.