Thread: Weekly H2H Points league - Add Swayman?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Weekly H2H Points league - Add Swayman?

10 team Points league where lineups lock on Monday.

Do I add Swayman who is in a timeshare who may only start 2 games on 4 game weeks? and 1 start on 3 game weeks or do I just keep the goalies that will play a bunch.

Jarry/Keumper are my starting 2 with Husso and Gibson on my bench.

3 points a win, 0.2 per save, -1 per GA and 1 for an OTL.
    10 Team Keep 4 (6F, 4D, 2G, 5 BENCH) Points League (G,A,+/-, PPG, SH, DG,DA Boost, W,OTL, S, GA

F: (6) McDavid, Mackinnon, Robertson, Nugent-Hopkins, Aho, JT Miller, Barzal, Eriksson EK
    D: (4) Q. Hughes, Bouchard, Heiskanen, Dobson, McAvoy
    G: (2) Jarry, Skinner, Daacord, Errson, Woll (IR)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Weekly H2H Points league - Add Swayman?

I like the mix that you have.
    I do not see Boston being as dominant as they were last year so I don't think Swayman gets as many wins.

And you have Gibson who always plays a lot of 'off-night/ games.

And I think Washington also has a good schedule for you to maximize games played.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I really, really hate Gibson in most leagues. His only good use is in point leagues that really favor volume and don't penalize losses, with daily starts.

You have almost all of these, just not the daily starts. Therefore I think I'd look to move off Gibson, but probably not for Swayman. Are there any other goalies out there, especially starters or guys who could be starters? Maybe a skater would be better.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I really, really hate Gibson in most leagues. His only good use is in point leagues that really favor volume and don't penalize losses, with daily starts.

You have almost all of these, just not the daily starts. Therefore I think I'd look to move off Gibson, but probably not for Swayman. Are there any other goalies out there, especially starters or guys who could be starters? Maybe a skater would be better.
    Roster in Signature - I agree - Gibson only has value if he starts 3x in a week and has to win one. He was high in Dobbers Draft Kit.

Goalies Available:

Kahkonen, Mrazek, Nedelkovic, Swayman, Thompson, Woll, Wedgewood, Forsberg, DeSmith, Blackwood, Fleury, Reimer.

Forward/D - (D boost for Goals) No Blocked shots or Hits, very basic scoring. Team in SIG.

Slavin, Boeser, Teravainen, Ek, Stephenson, Peasce, Jenner, Mangiapane, Faber, Raymond, Hanafin, Vrana, Terry, Batherson, Eberle, DeBrusk, Jenner, Kuznetsov, Lehkonen, Drouin, Mercer, Strome, Benson,
    10 Team Keep 4 (6F, 4D, 2G, 5 BENCH) Points League (G,A,+/-, PPG, SH, DG,DA Boost, W,OTL, S, GA

F: (6) McDavid, Mackinnon, Robertson, Nugent-Hopkins, Aho, JT Miller, Barzal, Eriksson EK

Dobber Sports Grand Master

To me, you either try to get a goalie you think can take a job on a half decent team like Thompson, or go for a skater. There are plenty of solid skaters there, so I'd go that route.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    To me, you either try to get a goalie you think can take a job on a half decent team like Thompson, or go for a skater. There are plenty of solid skaters there, so I'd go that route.
    Schmid
    Swayman
    Woll
    Ned (Have Jarry)

or just roll with 3 goalies and pick up an extra forward?
    jarry, Kuemper, Gibson.

lineups lock Monday so only start goalies that start 2-3 games a week.

The Great One

What happened to Husso?
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    What happened to Husso?
    traded Husso, gaudreau, huberdeau for Robertson in a 4 player keeper. Now I have two open roster spots. One for Ek and another for Stephenson or a 4th goalie to play matchups weekly.

The Great One

Man Gibson is an albatross. But you don’t need 4 goalies in a H2H. Too bad there isn’t another starter available. I might consider Swayman for Gibson swap and add a skater.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch