Thread: Punted goalie due to my league settings, is carrying a 4th goalie worth it?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Punted goalie due to my league settings, is carrying a 4th goalie worth it?

Weekly Points league and when I saw 5 points for win, 5 for SO, -1 GA and 0.25 per save I thought maybe higher volume guys later

Not that wins are not great but I think maybe in this format drafting a goalie super early was not smart but I could be VERY wrong

Start 2 and I own Elvis, Levi and Kuemper

We only have 6 bench spots so would have to drop a good player to add a 4th goalie

FA goalies

Mrazek
    Knight
    Kochetoz

A bunch of other guys but only 30% ownership and I am not sure they will matter for me

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Punted goalie due to my league settings, is carrying a 4th goalie worth it?

Na don’t think adding those will be helpful. Levi didn’t start off well so keep an eye out but for now rode what you got. You will get volume starts from kuemper
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Punted goalie due to my league settings, is carrying a 4th goalie worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Na don’t think adding those will be helpful. Levi didn’t start off well so keep an eye out but for now rode what you got. You will get volume starts from kuemper

TY sir!

The Great One

I’d drop Levi for Mrazek already.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Levi will get every chance to prove himself as the #1 goalie in Buffalo. It sure got off to a shaky start last night though. I am not sure Mrazek is the answer though, but if Levi stumbles two more times I would definitely consider dropping him and adding Mrazek.

Dobber Sports Star

You'll want to be vigilant as to Frederik Andersen or Raanta getting hurt, because if that happens, Kochetkov will be useful. But until that point, no need to add him.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the higher volume guys later theory there. If you're punting goalies with a thin bench, you shouldn't be carrying 4.

The issue is that you really need to see how well those 3 goalies schedule overlap is. Are there a decent number of days where you can can fit 2, and aren't wasting a 3rd guy one the bench, assuming you can even play 2?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I like the higher volume guys later theory there. If you're punting goalies with a thin bench, you shouldn't be carrying 4.

The issue is that you really need to see how well those 3 goalies schedule overlap is. Are there a decent number of days where you can can fit 2, and aren't wasting a 3rd guy one the bench, assuming you can even play 2?

Yeah, set lineups weekly and I start 2 G