Thread: 3rd Goalie - Copley, Mrazek, Kaaponen, Blackwood, Allen, Montembault

Dobber Sports Ace

Default 3rd Goalie - Copley, Mrazek, Kaaponen, Blackwood, Allen, Montembault

Looking to pick up a 3rd goalie for insurance in a weekly league. Number one priority is consistent starts, followed by wins/saves etc. I realize all of these guys are risky, but looking to snag the best lottery ticket.

What say you?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: 3rd Goalie - Copley, Mrazek, Kaaponen, Blackwood, Allen, Montembault

If you're adding only one, I'd probably go Mrazek given your priorities. Injury aside, I think he starts 45-50 games with lots of saves (but few wins).

Copley, Kaaponen, and Blackwood are just crapshoots as to how much they'll play and all have to compete with another goalie.

Allen and Montembeault would fine together but like the above, I don't like them apart for consistency and starts.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: 3rd Goalie - Copley, Mrazek, Kaaponen, Blackwood, Allen, Montembault

I'd go with Mrazek followed by Jake Allen.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Starts/saves would be Mrazek for me. I think he had the most talent, unsure how much is left after injuries.

After that I go Copley, Kahkonen, Allen in that order. All are timeshare guys for now. Copley has an injury prone and somewhat ineffective partner. Kahkonen has a very ineffective and somewhat injury prone partner. Allen has 2 partners, one of whom is young, unproven, and looks good. I also can't see Allen being a good starter for most of the year, he's pure backup quality.

Montembault & Blackwood don't interest me unless one of the guys in group 2 above gets hurt.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Copley Time share, but his partner is injury prone on a great team.

Mrazek. Decent goalie on a very bad team.

The rest.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen