Thread: Hill/Thompson Vs Copely Vs Hart Vs Korpisalo Vs Knight Points only Rank them

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hill/Thompson Vs Copely Vs Hart Vs Korpisalo Vs Knight Points only Rank them

How would you rank these goalies for a points only (W=2, SO=3) keeper league?

Thanks,

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Hill/Thompson Vs Copely Vs Hart Vs Korpisalo Vs Knight Points only Rank them

Thompson -> best goalie on best team, risk he loses job to Hill.
    Korpisalo -> surest starter. improving team.
    Copley -> similar to Thompson I think he has the edge. Good goalie, good team, total starts will be limited.
    Hill -> just won a Cup, could steal the starter's job
    Hart -> starter on a bad team
    Knight -> the clearest backup IMO. Was hot for a bit, likely has a big climb to get a decent number of starts this season.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Hill/Thompson Vs Copely Vs Hart Vs Korpisalo Vs Knight Points only Rank them

Hill/Thompson is a good bet if you can get both of them.
    After that I'd go
    Korpisalo
    Hart
    Copley
    Knight

Copley could be interesting if you can get Talbot to pair with him, but I wouldnt want to own just one of the tandem. I also think the Kings might shop for a goalie at the deadline, assuming the tandem cant get it done/someones injured - this is what they did last year and their goalies probably arent going to be any better this year (if they can find some cap space). Hart is going to get a fair amount of starts but not many wins, but he still could get to 20 *assuming he is not suspended as part of the WJC 2018 investigation...* and assuming he stays in Philly and can hold off Ersson for most of the year. Knight is a huge wildcard, I have low expectations but there is upside there, but he might only get like 10 wins on the season; but Bob is Bob and there is a slight chance Knight ends up playing a lot. All in all Korpisalo is playing on a decent team and being paid to start, so he should cobble together a decent 25 win season, but if you can afford to use the two spots on one crease, Vegas is the way to go.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Kind of depends on the settings. Is it weekly or daily starts? In daily starts there's room for more tandem types. In a weekly start setup you'd rather the option who gets you the most volume of games.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Kind of depends on the settings. Is it weekly or daily starts? In daily starts there's room for more tandem types. In a weekly start setup you'd rather the option who gets you the most volume of games.
    No head to head. Standard points only, with limited roster moves throughout the season.