Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: PP1 Hurricanes

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: PP1 Hurricanes

There’s a reason the entire league has universally moved from a 3/2 setup to a 4/1.

The Great One

I agree with rataylor22...it's been years since any team has run a 3/2 power play with sustained success. If it didn't work with Burns and Karlsson, I don't see how it will work with Karlsson/Letang, DeAngelo/Burns, Hamilton/Hughes, etc. I get that teams will want to try it out in pre-season (that's the time to do it). Ego is at play here a bit too. Burns is the veteran and likely wants to be on the top unit. He's a competitive guy. The team brought in DeAngelo and they likely don't want to kick Burns off the top unit without at least trying the 3/2 formation. Same goes with Letang. There is some team loyalty there. To kick Letang off the top unit for the new guy (even though the new guy scored 100 pts) is something that the team won't do lightly without at least giving the 3/2 formation a shot.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yes, and it was terrible and EK65 became visibly frustrated at one point… but I also think that they will stick with it as it may just need reps.
    I wont lie, it hasn't looked good early on, but that could just be working out the bugs too. Will be interesting to see if they stick with it.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."