Thread: Skinner vs options in draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Skinner vs options in draft

Yahoo 10 Team H2H Keep 5 + 1 Rookie (under 83)

G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, HITS, BLKS
    W, GAA, SV%, SAVES

looking for some advice on whether I should be keeping Skinner as my “rookie” or be looking to draft one of the other available goalies in the draft. I also have Shesterkin, but I’m worried that Campbell is going to eat into Skinners starts this year and it’ll turn into a tandem. I like to run 2 workhorses so ideally I’m looking for a 2nd goalie with more volume.

Samsonov
    Vanecek
    Andersen
    Demko
    Jarry
    Bobrovsky
    Kuemper
    Markstrom
    Husso

are any of these guys worth drafting with our goalie categories compared to keeping Skinner?

Administrator

Default Re: Skinner vs options in draft

Well I'd also want to know about who else you could keep as a rookie, because I sure do like the idea of being able to just keep Skinner and not have to worry about other goaltenders. I have Skinner in a similar tier to most of the names you listed.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Well I'd also want to know about who else you could keep as a rookie, because I sure do like the idea of being able to just keep Skinner and not have to worry about other goaltenders. I have Skinner in a similar tier to most of the names you listed.
    Skinner is the only one on my roster that is under 83 career games played so he’d be the only one I could keep as a rookie. My other 5 main keepers are Mackinnon, B.Tkachuk, Pasta, JT Miller and Shesterkin. I do like the idea of going into the draft and focussing on drafting 10 players and not worrying about using a higher pick on a goalie

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Christian T View Post
    Skinner is the only one on my roster that is under 83 career games played so he’d be the only one I could keep as a rookie. My other 5 main keepers are Mackinnon, B.Tkachuk, Pasta, JT Miller and Shesterkin. I do like the idea of going into the draft and focussing on drafting 10 players and not worrying about using a higher pick on a goalie
    This is a no-brainer then. Keep Skinner as your rookie. If the value is there with one of the above goalies sliding (Husso is the only one of them NOT in my 2nd tier, he would not be a target for me) then you can make the plunge, but otherwise I'd just hammer your skater categories focusing on forwards who win faceoffs and rounding out your defense.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

The Great One

Under the circumstances you should keep Skinner
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    This is a no-brainer then. Keep Skinner as your rookie. If the value is there with one of the above goalies sliding (Husso is the only one of them NOT in my 2nd tier, he would not be a target for me) then you can make the plunge, but otherwise I'd just hammer your skater categories focusing on forwards who win faceoffs and rounding out your defense.
    I’m not huge fan of skinner and I am worried Campbell will bounce back but giving circumstance I agree here….

Can you keep skinner and still draft volume G likeDemko? Or Sammy?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Your options are to keep Skinner as a rookie, or keep no rookie.

I don't think keeping no one will be a good idea. Did you post elsewhere already looking for advice? I think I answered one like this, or maybe lots of people with Skinner as rookie eligible. I mean I have him one dynasty roster as eligible to send down to minors for a bit, so happy about that for off days, but in reality his a main roster guy for me.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.