Thread: Kucherov, Marner, Rantanen, Mathews or Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Kucherov, Marner, Rantanen, Mathews or Kaprizov

Hey guys. Which ONE do you want? One year pool. Points are G-1 A-1. Time sensitive if you can...have to have my pick in by 12:30 pm Central time. Thanks. Wasn't notified until 45 minutes ago that Draft had started and 9 players had already been picked so I'm running a little behind on my picks. Thanks again and good luck in your pools. EDIT: because Draft was well underway before I was notified the Draft had started Draftmaster has given me a couple of extra hours so if anyone else has thoughts on these guys please post away.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Administrator

Default Re: Kucherov, Marner, Rantanen, Mathews or Kaprizov

Kucherov is my top ranked option for pure points, by a decent margin. Matthews would be next. I suspect most would opt for Matthews here but his injuries have made him a bit of a concern in this type of setup. None of the other 3 are of even remote consideration with these two.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

I agree with Metal Dude here, Kucherov would be my pick, I think his injuries are behind him. I still think he will be a safe bet to hit over 100 points even if he doesn't reach the 110's this year.

After that I like Rantanen/Matthews about equal in this format both are the most likely to get over 100 points.

I feel Marner/Kaprisov are similar. They have proven they can both pace for over 100 points but I just like Rants/Matthews slightly more to do it.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Recency Bias influenced but I am picking Kucherov.
    He was the highest point producer of the group last year.

Rantanen had the next best season last year.

Karpizov is the upside pick as he had a great year when he played a full season two years ago.

All these players have had injury histories...

So pick the player that you think is gonna play 82 games...
    And if you think all of them will play 82 games...

Kucherov
    Rantanen
    Kaprizov
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks guys...Kucherov WAS my choice too and you confirmed. I was a concerned about injuries until it was pointed out that all the guys on that list have had injuries (except maybe Marner). That relaxed me.
    So got Kucherov in first round of draft with the 11th pick of the draft. That's a steal I think. Other poolies must of been thinking injuries too.

2nd round coming up. Have to wait for 2 more picks. But I know now I'll be taking Fox or Dahlin with the 14th pick of draft. Pretty satisfied with that. I'll have 35th pick overall in Round 3 and there should still be some high scoring forwards kicking around to finish off the 3 round draft.

Picking in pretty much the same positions as last year I got Kucherov and Fox/Dahlin in 1st 2 rounds this year...Barkov and Chabot last year. Think that is a nice upgrade this year.

Thanks again. Really appreciate the help.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

The Great One

Sounds like you crushed it - well done
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Sounds like you crushed it - well done
    Thanks Rizzee...Don't know about crushed it but happy so far with my 2 picks.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks for the help guys. Repped who I could.