Thread: Bennet Value

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Bennet Value

Hey all,

In a vacuum, in a 24 team NHL Salary Cap H2H CAT league (G, A, Points, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, PIMS, FOW) Bennet and his 4.25M x 2 contract is a no brainer at the cost ofGabe Perreault and a 2024 2nd RD pick (entry prospects draft), right?

In a H2H cat league like this I am right to value him as very valuable? sometimes its hard to get a good read because he isn't the most talked about sexy fantasy commodity around and doesn't always show up highly on pre season rankings PLUS he has a pretty decent injury history. Just trying to get a vibe if I am over valuing a highly volatile asset or making a no brainer decision. My team is contending fwiw.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Bennet Value

I assume this is a fantrax league so that would mean Bennett is strictly a center? How many centers do you start and who are your other rostered options?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I assume this is a fantrax league so that would mean Bennett is strictly a center? How many centers do you start and who are your other rostered options?
    You are correct in that assumption. Current C core is as follows (Larkin, Thompson, Bjugstad and Hartman who will likely be at risk of losing C eligibility depending on his RL usage). I can run 3-5 C, with W balancing out the roster in either direction.

Administrator

I'm not sure that it's a no-brainer but Bennett is a very valuable asset at his price point and multi-cat production. This is a fair price.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mikerosen View Post
    You are correct in that assumption. Current C core is as follows (Larkin, Thompson, Bjugstad and Hartman who will likely be at risk of losing C eligibility depending on his RL usage). I can run 3-5 C, with W balancing out the roster in either direction.
    If you are a competing team, as you mentioned, then this is a pretty fair trade for both sides. I think he is an upgrade for you compared to Bjugstad for sure, and depending on Hartman and a bounce back year, maybe over him as well.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think it's a good deal for you. Not quite a no-brainer, but I'd do it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Yeah - I'm with the others. Good value and makes sense. Not a home run, but worth doing.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

That's a fair price for Sam. I'd accept.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Am I missing something? You're giving up Gabe Perreault (a prospect who may not amount to much in the NHL) and another future prospect pick for a multi-cat player who helps you win now? How is this not a hands down for the Bennett side?
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks all! Think I'll go for it and hope he has a great year
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    Am I missing something? You're giving up Gabe Perreault (a prospect who may not amount to much in the NHL) and another future prospect pick for a multi-cat player who helps you win now? How is this not a hands down for the Bennett side?
    This was generally my first thought, with some concern over just durability and the chance that maybe Lundell surpasses him on the depth chart. But otherwise for his healthy H2H coverage it felt like a little more of a no brainer than the consensus here has led me to believe