Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rank em - Markstrom, Husso, Bob, Korpi, Francouz, Talbot

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Rank em - Markstrom, Husso, Bob, Korpi, Francouz, Talbot

Grubauer has been so awful the past few years, but he did improve and is their guy, and the team is pretty good. I'd have him at the top of the tier 2 goalies with upside.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by teepee1 View Post
    Hi all,

Where would Grubauer sit in this group? Guessing middle of the pack? Good team, average goalie?
    I think the team is lackluster. Grub could have low GAA, but not many wins. Probably not a playoff team this year. I think he sits above Francouz and Talbot but below Korpisalo, Husso

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Grubauer has been so awful the past few years, but he did improve and is their guy, and the team is pretty good. I'd have him at the top of the tier 2 goalies with upside.
    I'm with this as well. I don't understand how the goalies for Seattle can be such shit. Jones was 27-13 (sounds great, but .887 sv% - good heavens). I mean at $6mil/yr, if Grubs can just be over .900 he should go 32-16 easily. I may have just talked myself into the no goalie strat again with Grubs as a late pick G in draft.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

You're talking me into

Grubaeur
    Markstrom
    Bob
    Husso
    Korpi
    Talbot

I dont love having one of these guys but if I hit I could win as my skaters are awesome.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd put Grubauer into the Husso/Korpisalo tier, but probably at the bottom of that tier. Seattle's goaltending job is very much up for grabs.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Grubauer is mid-tier in this group for me. No way I am trusting him over Markstrom to be the better of the two. Both have been wildly inconsistent in recent years but Markstrom has the better track record looking back. Grubauer has ONE season where he has more than 18 wins and no surprise, it was playing behind a dominant Colorado Avalanche team. Im a 54 year old beer league goalie and I probably could have had 20 wins playing for that team that year. The ice was always tilted away from Grubauer. He's an OK goalie, but he's no better really than most of the guys on your original list.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."