Thread: Cristall vs. Musty

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Cristall vs. Musty

Curious to who people think is the best option in fantasy. I intend to use a 2nd to draft one of them (or hopefully get another 2nd and draft both). I lean to Musty because I have Eklund and would want to pair them together on my team but I don’t want to draft based off biased opinions either. Let me know what you guys think!

Skater stats (H2H):

Goals, Assists, Points, +/-, SOG, PIM, PPP, SHP, Hits, Blocks, Takeaways, GWG + Shootout Goals

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Cristall vs. Musty

i dont think there is much wrong with going Musty over Cristall...i like both and they both fell down a bit...However i think your reason makes no sense...you shoudl not draft based on who you can pair him with but who you think is best player..specially later in draft. You should always try to hit home runs past top 10 guys or so imo
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

There's a fair bit of talk about Cristall in this thread that may help your decision, maybe.

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ntasy-purposes
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Musty for me.
    There was an obvious Tier I of forwards with Bedard/Carlsson/Fantilli/Michkov.
    There was a sort of Tier 2 of forwards with Leonard/Danielson/Dvorsky/But/Benson
    I think there was a big jumble of very tightly consider guys in Tier 3 from Yager(14)-Edstrom(32), which includes Musty.

And I think there just happens to be a very clear break at end of 1st round.
    Myatovic(33), Brindley(34), Halttunen(36), E.Gauthier(37), Wahlberg(39) all went in front of Cristall(40).
    I just don't love WAS' future.
    By the time Cristall arrives Ovechkin & Backstrom are done and Kuznetsov probably leaves at his UFA.
    John Carlsson certainly isn't going to stick around as a 30+ year old on a rebuilding team.
    It's going to be a bad-bad-baaaad team.
    [And let's be honest... the Capitals are doing ONE thing for the next two years... getting Ovechkin to break Gretzky's goal-record. That's it. Everybody knows it. That's.it.]

On the good side, there may be a ton of minutes for Cristall.
    On the bad side, I think they could be as bad in 2025-26 (if without OV, say he breaks record and retires) as CHI was this year.
    Just a completely stripped down, terrible team.

He's still going to have to fight through McMichael (WAS top pick from 2019), Lapierre (2020) and Miroschnichenko (2022)... and Leonard (2023).
    I just... don't love the future upside for Cristall. His upside may be 2nd line minutes on a bad team. Ugh.

Musty for me. I think he is in a different forward tier.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Take the BPA.
    If your pool is 16 teams or smaller, I doubt the answer will be either of them
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Cristall is a project imo. I expect 3-4 years before he has a chance to play. For that reason alone, I would go with Musty if those are the only options. I wouldn't narrow your options so much though, if someone falls to you that's a better value go with that.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Musty is the BPA between the two for me, and that was before seeing this was a cats league. Cristall is a huge project and will never provide periphs

Dobber Sports Superstar

Musty for me, Cristall is more of a project. Musty in a better situation in SJ.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you to everyone that put in their input. I had pick 18 (2nd pick in the 2nd round) and I used it to select Musty and believe it was the BPA as well. The draft results for the first 32 are below if you are curious how it all went.

1. Bedard
    2. Fantilli
    3. Carlsson
    4. Smith
    5. Reinbacher
    6. Michkov
    7. Leonard
    8. Moore
    9. Benson
    10. Dvorsky
    11. Danielson
    12. Yager
    13. Pellikka
    14. Simashev
    15. Willander
    16. Stramel

17. Wood
    18. Musty***
    19. But
    20. Barlow
    21. Adam Gajan???
    22. Perreault
    23. Ritchie
    24. Edstrom
    25. Nadeau
    26. Honzek
    27. Sale
    28. Myatovic
    29. Bonk
    30. Gauthier
    31. Cristall
    32. Molendyk

H2H league

Skater stats: G, A, PTS, +/-, SOG, PPP, SHP, PIM, Blocks, Takeaways, Hits, GWG + Shootout Goals

Goaltender Stats: W, GAA, SV%, SO, Shootout Saves

Dobber Sports Wizard

one player i would select over Musty is Perreault...maybe But too
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Deity

I hope it works out for you. Of course none of us know how these kids will eventually turn out in a few years. I would have grabbed Perreault and probably Barlow ahead of Musty there if I was in your shoes, but you could have very well made the better choice.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I hope it works out for you. Of course none of us know how these kids will eventually turn out in a few years. I would have grabbed Perreault and probably Barlow ahead of Musty there if I was in your shoes, but you could have very well made the better choice.
    I see there is a lot of love for Perreault, but honestly, there’s something about him that scares me. I thought he was a lock inside the Top 15 at the NHL draft, and to see him not only slide out of it, but to fall to the Rangers at 23 got me cold feet about him, as we all know the Rangers’ recent history of drafting and developing young talent. Maybe it changes with him, but I don’t know if I want to take that risk. I look at Barlow and But as potentially solid NHL players, and maybe even first liners if all goes well, but I don’t sense real potential star power out of them like I do with Musty, and I feel Musty will have an abundance of opportunities with the Sharks, especially if he takes a huge leap in his development this year. Now, of course, we don’t know if he will ever be a star or even a superstar player in the league, but I feel Musty has the potential and the opportunity to do it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I see there is a lot of love for Perreault, but honestly, there’s something about him that scares me. I thought he was a lock inside the Top 15 at the NHL draft, and to see him not only slide out of it, but to fall to the Rangers at 23 got me cold feet about him, as we all know the Rangers’ recent history of drafting and developing young talent. Maybe it changes with him, but I don’t know if I want to take that risk. I look at Barlow and But as potentially solid NHL players, and maybe even first liners if all goes well, but I don’t sense real potential star power out of them like I do with Musty, and I feel Musty will have an abundance of opportunities with the Sharks, especially if he takes a huge leap in his development this year. Now, of course, we don’t know if he will ever be a star or even a superstar player in the league, but I feel Musty has the potential and the opportunity to do it.
    Yep, you could be right on all of the above. Time will tell.