Thread: Vladar or Tarasov?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Vladar or Tarasov?

Who is more promising for next season Vladar or Daniil Tarasov, no cap league? I have a trade request to trade Vladar for Tarasov.
    Thank you.

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Vladar or Tarasov?

Vladar is signed for two more years, ostensibly behind Markstrom. Korpisalo's contract ends this season, so Columbus has room for Tarasov to be the backup.

Vladar is more experienced and on a better team than Tarasov. It seems unlikely that either will take a #1 or #1a role away, but with Markstrom being pedestrian, perhaps Vladar might have a better chance to do it. Calgary is more built for immediate success than Columbus is. I'd rather have Vladar for next season.

The Great One

Tarasov!!

Not that it changes what senryu said (it doesnt) but Tarasov got a bad shake in his draft year. I think there was talk of him being a first or maybe second rounder but he got a bad leg injury and missed most of his draft season. Some bugtime Russian goaltender (Nabokov??) was just raving about this kid. I always liked Elvis (loved the name haha!) but I was always that guy saying "yea but that tarasov kid is supposed to be like next level"- lol!

I haven't watched vladar much lately maybe hes overtaken tarasov but I still love what Columbus has hypothetically on paper (and add jiricek to that???)- and im a little bullish on tarasov. He might be two years out- although it looks closer to one...

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Tarasov!!

Not that it changes what senryu said (it doesnt) but Tarasov got a bad shake in his draft year. I think there was talk of him being a first or maybe second rounder but he got a bad leg injury and missed most of his draft season. Some bugtime Russian goaltender (Nabokov??) was just raving about this kid. I always liked Elvis (loved the name haha!) but I was always that guy saying "yea but that tarasov kid is supposed to be like next level"- lol!

I haven't watched vladar much lately maybe hes overtaken tarasov but I still love what Columbus has hypothetically on paper (and add jiricek to that???)- and im a little bullish on tarasov. He might be two years out- although it looks closer to one...
    Thank you, guys, it seem like there is no clear win/loose here, also being that all young goalies kind of like voodoo dolls, but I really liked Tarasov this year in some of his games.

Dobber Sports Star

Tarasov is definitely the longer term choice for me. But for only next year, I think Vladar is the better choice.

Dobber Sports Ace

Tarasov is my choice here as well.

Dobber Sports Pro

I give a little edge to Vladar for next season but i think that Tarasov have more upside long term.
    League 1
    10 team, Dynasty, points only, 30 players, keep20 starts 12 F, 6 D, 2G , unlimited prospects(can keep them max 5 years)
    F: Mackinnon,Marner, Panarin, Eichel, Fiala, Hughes, Svechnikov, Robertson, Bratt, Kuznetsov, Hischier, B.Tkachuk, M.Tkachuk, Scheifele, Wheeler, Jenner, Drouin, Tatar, Colton
    D:Hughes, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dunn, Burns, Theodore, Slavin, Trouba G: Shesterkin, Binnington, Vanecek
    League2
    Cap league (82.5M with AAV), points only, 12 teams, keep 7, (9F, 4D, 2G)
    F: Hughes, Zuccarello,RNH, Marchessault, Scheifele, Toffoli, O’Reilly, Trocheck, Buchnevich extra: Marchenko
    D: Makar, Dahlin, Seider, Andersson
    G: Hellebuyck, Talbot

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    I give a little edge to Vladar for next season but i think that Tarasov have more upside long term.
    This is my thought as well. It depends on how fast of a return you are looking for. If there's patience in there, I prefer Tarasov.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thank you folks!

The Great One

Tarasov!!

Not that it changes what senryu said (it doesnt) but Tarasov got a bad shake in his draft year. I think there was talk of him being a first or maybe second rounder but he got a bad leg injury and missed most of his draft season. Some bugtime Russian goaltender (Nabokov??) was just raving about this kid. I always liked Elvis (loved the name haha!) but I was always that guy saying "yea but that tarasov kid is supposed to be like next level"- lol! I'm just saying he's got a lot more jam than your typical 5th rounder or whatever- hes a for real prospect. I'd he better than vladar? Last year I would have said absolutely- but things change players develop and grow and im not sure. I value upside like crazy so if its me I'm keeping tarasov but im not saying my system is perfect- a more flexible gm could make a killing on the goalie market - haha!

The Great One

Sorry for two posts- my internet all wonky today!

If I own tarasov and can afford to wait im probably keeping him. If time is a factor and a fairly important one id look at vladar. I'll include a rare caveat that I can't guarantee I'm right in this case lol!