Thread: Need help!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Need help!!!

Need a goalie as I have an extra slot. Vanacek, Comrie, Blackwood and Allen are available. We are counting wins saves, goals against and shoutouts. How would you rank them?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Need help!!!

Not a great list. I'm avoiding the Devils right now.

Allen is more volume, Comrie seems like a better bet for rates. Is that raw Goals Against (GA) or Goals Against Average (GAA)?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That’s goals against. Oh and Hill is also available

Allen since you want volume, given that's it straight GA.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Allen since you want volume, given that's it straight GA.
    Agree here. Go with Allen.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

How does GA work as a category. if you're looking for a lower number wouldn't less volume be favorable (though it counters Saves)? What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by janneywheels View Post
    How does GA work as a category. if you're looking for a lower number wouldn't less volume be favorable (though it counters Saves)? What am I missing here?
    What it essentially does is break SV% into 2 categories: Saves & Goals Against. This makes thing easier to figure by giving you two counting stats versus one rate stat. The issue is that these 2 tend to work in opposite directions.

If you can find an elite goalie on a team playing firewagon hockey, they are dominant.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What it essentially does is break SV% into 2 categories: Saves & Goals Against. This makes thing easier to figure by giving you two counting stats versus one rate stat. The issue is that these 2 tend to work in opposite directions.

If you can find an elite goalie on a team playing firewagon hockey, they are dominant.
    ah ok so I was thinking about that right. I kinda like it, makes starts even more strategic than they already are.