Thread: Vanecek or Hart

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Vanecek or Hart

For team in signature, should i drop Vanecek and pick up Hart? also Husso is available.
    Thanks!
    1 Year League, 8 Teams, Weekly lockout, H2H, Unlimited acquisitions, Categories: G, A, SOG, +/-, PIM, HITS, BLK, WINS, SV, SO, GAA, SV%
    12F/6D/2G 6 BENCH, 3 IR.
    F: B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, JT Miller, Eriksson Ek, Ovechkin, Svechnikov, Aho, Trocheck, Marchand, E. Kane, Wilson, Coleman, Nichushkin, Kadri, Rackell, Rust, Pinto
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Bouchard, Weegar, Dobson, Parayko
    G:Bobrovsky, Gustavsson, Vasilevskiy
    IR , D. Joshua, Trouba

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Vanecek or Hart

I would drop Vaneck for Hart. Husso is also a good option, but Nedeljkovic outplayed Husso in preseason and has looked great so far, so the 1A/1B goalie situation in Detroit could go either way. Philadelphia is a worse team, but Hart is the true #1 guy there. The team will not do Hart any favors, but he has looked good.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd also move for Hart. It looks like the Devils are a dead team walking until the coach is gone.

The Flyers defense is not doing Hart many favors, the game tonight had Stamkos left alone in the left circle multiple times, he hit a post once, scored twice that I saw. They are turning the puck over a lot in their own end. However, he'll get a lot of saves, and right now they are winning, and not even giving up a ton of goals. DeAngelo as a #1 D is going to bite them in the butt, but with Ristolainen out, that helps remove a bad defender.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Wow. Vanecek clearly.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Goalies are so voodoo, who even knows. I'd drop Vanecek for Hart now and be ready to make the switch again as soon as Hart has a couple bad games.

Dobber Sports Ace

I think the answer is; wait until the picture becomes clearer. Neither one is worth owning over the other right now. A few day ago I would have said Husso but with Bertuzzi and Vrana out I wouldn't be so sure.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm still on team Vanecek over the rest of these options.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Icon

I'm on board with Vanecek here as well. I need to see another 5 - 10 games before I'm dropping him for either of those guys. Still very early
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Stud

Hart is a very good goalie on a very bad team with no skill but solid coaching.

Vanecek is an average goalie on a very bad team with lots of skill, but shit coaching.

A lot of us felt Hart would improve tremendously this year with Tortorella being the kind of coach who can make chicken salad out of Chicken shit and get maximum effort out of talentless rosters.

its still too early to Tell. but Carter hart only needs 10 more wins to match last year's total for wins lol.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Hart is a very good goalie on a very bad team with no skill but solid coaching.

Vanecek is an average goalie on a very bad team with lots of skill, but shit coaching.

A lot of us felt Hart would improve tremendously this year with Tortorella being the kind of coach who can make chicken salad out of Chicken shit and get maximum effort out of talentless rosters.

its still too early to Tell. but Carter hart only needs 10 more wins to match last year's total for wins lol.
    I disagree with pretty much everything here.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Wizard

Only reason you getting Hart votes is cause he had much better start..but i dont buy it. He has not been close to expectations and for most parts he is backup material at best. I dont know what Vanecek can be down the road as goalies are so hard to predict year to year outside of elite few, but i much rather attach my lottery ticket to him than Hart.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    Only reason you getting Hart votes is cause he had much better start..but i dont buy it. He has not been close to expectations and for most parts he is backup material at best. I dont know what Vanecek can be down the road as goalies are so hard to predict year to year outside of elite few, but i much rather attach my lottery ticket to him than Hart.
    Hard disagree with this. I've seen Hart since the AHL, and he was very good when I saw him there. He was very good against the Lightning, even stellar at times, though the D left him hung out to dry. As much as I hate the current Flyers configuration (read: primarily trash GM) he's not backup material at best. However, I do like Vanecek over Blackwood to win that crease.

Wins & Saves are volume cats, take the guy who has a crease to himself.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I disagree with pretty much everything here.
    I am sure you do. Its just my opinion.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G