Thread: Merzlikins or Francouz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Merzlikins or Francouz

Team in signature.

I have Anderson, Merzlikins and both Toronto goalies. Somebody just dropped Francouz. Wondering if I should drop Merzlikins for Francouz? Way less volume of starts but way better ratios. I am in pretty good shape for Wins and starts with Andersen and the 2 Toronto guys. Worried that Elvis will hurt by rations and that I can only spot start him. I am leaning towards going for Francouz as even though he plays less he might get a similar number of wins and way better ratios. Thoughts?
    Yahoo 8 team H2H
    One Year League

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 2 Util, 5 bench.

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT ,BLK
    W,GAA, SV%, Saves, SHO

C - Matthews, Pettersson
    LW - Robertson, Huberdeau, Forsberg, Guentzel
    RW - Meirer, Debrincat, Wilson
    D - Josi, Bouchard, Sergachev, Carlson, Werenski, Sanderson
    G -Jarry, Hill, Thompson
    IR Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Merzlikins or Francouz

I would keep Merzlikins - that Blue Jackets D is improving and I think Elvis is going to have a nice bounce back year, and if he does he’ll bring Ws AND good peripherals. And in any event in your league which counts saves and SHO volume starts is key. Plus you only start 2G it seems, so how will Toronto guys help you on Ws if you’re starting Andersen / Francouz? I think your situation is great - you can afford to wait to see who emerges as starter in Toronto, then play him or Elvis (whomever is putting up better numbers) as your 2nd G.

UPDATE: I see you have 2 utility, can you use that for Gs? If so then I can more see your reasoning. But i’d still go Elvis for the same reasons.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Immortal

I want to tell you to drop a Toronto goalie for Francouz... But I have no idea which one I'd drop.

I'd keep Merz though.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be worried about Murray's ratios more than Elvis' ratios.

I don't really want 5 goalies in your league, so you've got to decide between Elvis, Murray, and Francouz for 2 spots. Yes,t hat means I think Murray craps the bed and loses the Leafs job.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd be worried about Murray's ratios more than Elvis' ratios.

I don't really want 5 goalies in your league, so you've got to decide between Elvis, Murray, and Francouz for 2 spots. Yes,t hat means I think Murray craps the bed and loses the Leafs job.
    I definitely have more faith in Murray. I think he is going to be a top 5 - 10 goalie this year(health permitting of course). I do however have Samsonov as a handcuff in case he gets hurt or stumbles. I won't carry 5 goalies. If I was to pick up Francouz, I would drop Elvis. I am however leaning towards keeping what I have and see how Elvis does. If one of the Leaf goalies outright steals the crease, I will drop the other one and pickup a skater. I don't want to carry even four goalies but there is definitely some major value in the Toronto net but it is too hard to figure out which way it is going to break.
    Yahoo 8 team H2H
    One Year League

2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 2 Util, 5 bench.

G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, HIT ,BLK
    W,GAA, SV%, Saves, SHO

C - Matthews, Pettersson
    LW - Robertson, Huberdeau, Forsberg, Guentzel
    RW - Meirer, Debrincat, Wilson
    D - Josi, Bouchard, Sergachev, Carlson, Werenski, Sanderson
    G -Jarry, Hill, Thompson
    IR Svechnikov