Thread: is stillman officially IJ?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default is stillman officially IJ?

if so what is the status?

Dobber Sports Giant

Here\'s what I found:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/

Apparently he has a concussion and is likely out for the whole road trip out west.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chicleteur wrote:
    Here\'s what I found:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapanthers/

Apparently he has a concussion and is likely out for the whole road trip out west.
    thx! karma!

Dobber Sports Giant

Anytime!

Interesting with what Chicleteur found. On the !Yahoo Sports Fantasy Hockey site, it is a slightly different story... see below:

Mon, Nov 3 LW Cory Stillman sat out the final two periods Sunday after losing a couple of teeth and requiring stitches to his mouth and nose. He\'ll be re-evaluated Monday. Stillman\'s face was bloodied late in the opening period when he was slammed into the boards. He appeared to hit his face on the ice when he fell.

(Yahoo! Sports)Mon, Nov 3 Stillman missed the final two periods of Sunday\'s game after slamming into the boards and hitting the ice face first, the South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports.

Recommendation: Stillman lost a couple of teeth and required stitches in his mouth and nose. The team said it will re-evaluate its top scorer Monday. This doesn\'t seem like the sort of thing that would keep him out of the lineup for too long unless there\'s a concussion involved.

(Rotowire.com)Mon, Nov 3 Stillman exited Sunday\'s 5-3 loss at Atlanta with a facial injury, according to the Miami Herald.

Advice: Stillman was slammed into the boards, and appeared to fall on his face in the closing seconds of the opening period. He was seen bleeding as he left the ice. A team spokesman said Stillman lost some teeth and required stitches in his nose and mouth. He was expected to be re-evaluated on Monday. Stillman leads the Panthers with five goals, and is second on the team with nine points. It is unclear when the left wing will be ready to return.

(STATS, Inc.)

With !Yahoo though you have to take some of the information they provide with a grain of salt because they aren\'t always the most up-to-date. I didn\'t see anything else on the newswire that confirmed whether Stillman was concussed or not.

Stillman may not be considered injured, but that might only be because the update hasn\'t been released officially released yet.

Dobber Sports Giant

Definitely interesting... but not surprising... I always try to go out for other sources because I\'ve been fooled so many time with !Yahoo not having the latest info...