Thread: Fantrax- adding position rules

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Fantrax- adding position rules

Does any league have rules for adding positions for players? I am going to suggest to my league some ideas but I am wondering if anyone already has something in place that would work for us. For example, I have two players that should have additional positions. Frank Vatrano and Brayden Schenn both are listed as Center only while both should get LW eligibility (Vatrano should probably get both wing spots). Any advice is appreciated.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Fantrax- adding position rules

I can only speak to Premium Leagues, but as a commish, I’ve seen the option to add positions to players. I’ve never used it, as Fantrax is usually pretty good about their positions and I’ve never had any requests to add or subtract any from other GM’s.

We also have this rule in our extensive constitution:
    1g. Position eligibility is determined by Fantrax. Once a player has a position added to him, he will keep it until the end of the season or the sole discretion of Fantrax.

If you did make changes, as with all commish moves in Fantrax, they will save it in the System Log…which comes in handy if your league a disaster. My advice, don’t even start manually changing any positions, it opens up a worm-hole of never ending changes, as positions in hockey are extremely fluid these days.

You also only mention two players from your team only. I’m sure every GM in your league has players that need positions added.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It’s really a shame Fantrax won’t get positions right. It’s one of my few complaints about them. They just blame their third party provider yet this happens every season. My leagues have discussed using whatever player positions at the end of prior year were. Still a lot of manual time a comish has to put in. Fantrax will make player changes on request and with proof but that’s a hassle too. It’s super lame when it’s a paid for service and it’s the same problem every year. GL Daydream.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bstbullies View Post
    ItÂ’s really a shame Fantrax wonÂ’t get positions right. ItÂ’s one of my few complaints about them. They just blame their third party provider yet this happens every season. My leagues have discussed using whatever player positions at the end of prior year were. Still a lot of manual time a comish has to put in. Fantrax will make player changes on request and with proof but thatÂ’s a hassle too. ItÂ’s super lame when itÂ’s a paid for service and itÂ’s the same problem every year. GL Daydream.
    What I'm thinking about suggesting is each team can add a position for either 1 or 2 players every season. The criteria would be the past season's positions, players positions on Yahoo, Cap Friendly, or using Dobber's Frozen Tools. This is something the league would have to agree on. It has really come to my attention as a Schenn owner when I acquired him last season primarily for his LW eligibility and now it's gone. And while it might not affect a team now, if you play fantasy long enough, it will eventually affect your team. As the Commish, I am not going to change a half dozen players for each team but 1 or 2 which would be 20 at the most league-wide seems acceptable.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont know why its done this way but its been few years they been doing it. At end of each season they wipe most duo positions. They will revist this in October or November and add positions to players. Its like this every year.

One thing to know, fantrax does not do positions themselves. They import it from another site.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

It's not fantrax's fault. Fantrax does not do the positions for any sport.
    Usually the positions are updated again prior to the season starting.
    Its hardly an issue by the time the season begins.

Dobber Sports Master

if you go into the previous season of your fantrax league you can see who had dual positions .

someone like Hintz could lose that familiar c/lw though since he took close to 700 faceoffs this past season.

I'm in one league where only 1 position is allowed so we have a certain date before season starts in which we have to decide .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    What I'm thinking about suggesting is each team can add a position for either 1 or 2 players every season. The criteria would be the past season's positions, players positions on Yahoo, Cap Friendly, or using Dobber's Frozen Tools. This is something the league would have to agree on. It has really come to my attention as a Schenn owner when I acquired him last season primarily for his LW eligibility and now it's gone. And while it might not affect a team now, if you play fantasy long enough, it will eventually affect your team. As the Commish, I am not going to change a half dozen players for each team but 1 or 2 which would be 20 at the most league-wide seems acceptable.
    I like the idea of limiting it to a couple changes for the sake of the Comish's time. I know my leagues are very active and position is important as it affects trade value and guys trying to plan out their teams. I was in the camp of not worrying about it until closer to season start and leaving it up to Fantrax (ie their stat provider) but after last years failures to get it straight until midseason, I'm frustrated. Many league members are too.

To those defending Fantrax, why? We pay for a service and it's been an issue (that seems to be getting worse not better) for multiple seasons. Get a new stat provider. Figure out a work around. Anything but saddling the paying customers to fix something that other providers don't have an issue with. I love Fantrax but this issue is just down right inexcusable in my book. Gave them plenty of time to fix this issue and they haven't.
    5.5X Champs
    20 Team Dynasty (Unique Cap) H2H 23 Man roster - 20 Minor
    G,A,SOG,PIM,HIT,BLK,FO%,2G+A,D-pts,STG,GWG+SHP+ShootoutG
    W,SV%,GAA,SO Start 4 C,LW,RW/6D/2G Min 3 start/ 3Bench/6IR

C-Hischier,W.Nylander,
    Benn
    LW-Guentzel,B.Tkachuk
    ,Marchand,Gaudreau
    RW-A.Svechnikov,M.Tkachuk,Duclair,Mantha
    D-Provorov,McAvoy,Gudas,Doughty,Dunn,McDonagh
    G-Hart,Vanecek
    B-
    Brannstrom,Crouse
    Prospects
    Rossi,Berggren,Sillinger,Giv.Smith,Perreault,Kaspe r,Gauthier,Miroshnichenko,R.Johnson
    Perunovich,Salo,Capobianco,Mackey,Woo,Benning,A.Jo hansson,Thrun
    Skinner,Martin,Ingram,Fedotov
    ​Entry Draft 5 Rds [<60gp] '23 2,3,3,5
    Cap 77.82M/82.5M

Twitter @MatsonHockey