Thread: Oettinger or Swayman

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Oettinger or Swayman

Question in title for the ROS as well as a keeper for next year. Stats counted in the H2H are wins, save percentage and shutouts.

Oettinger: Carx2/Tbl/Nsh then Fla/Tblx2
    Swayman: Pitt/Buffx2 then Njdx2/Nyrx2
    12 Team H2H Keeper (4 C/LW/RW, 6 D, 2G, 3 SPARES, 2 IR - 5 keepers )

Skater Categories - G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks

Goalie Categories - W, SV %, SO

TBD

Farm team: K. Johnson, Sanderson, Nikishin, Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Oettinger or Swayman

Oettinger is safer for the rest of this season, as there aren't 2 veterans ahead of him on the depth chart. I'd lean towards him as well for next year, as I expect the Khudobin/Bishop logjam to be resolved, and for only one veteran to be left. I also expect this in Boston, but the veteran could come from outside the current team, and Vladar will possibly still be there.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

Goaltending is about opportunity.

Swayman has no obstacles after this yr as of right now. Oettinger after this yr has Khudobin for 2 more yrs, and Ben Bishop for 2 more yrs. I feel like this is an easy spot for Seattle to push their thumb into to get a goalie and something else.

Dallas says "don't take playerX and we'll give you GoalieA and playerB" and it'll be Khudobin or Bishop.

Swayman has a better chance at being a starter next yr, Oettinger and Swayman are likely in the same tier for the rest of this yr.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

This year Ott, for next and beyond, Swayman will have Vladar and possibly a vet to deal with while Ott will be behind whoever is left after expansion/deadline deals. I don't think Boston will want to rush Swayman either so I'd say Ott for the next 2-3 years over Swayman.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah, I think that Boston will probably want to re-sign Rask for a few years if he doesn't retire to ease Swayman into the starter role. Also, he seems to be favored over Vladar right now, but I wouldn't count Vladar out completely.

Oettinger seems to be already in a 50/50 split with Khudobin right now and has better chances to take over the starter role next year than Swayman with Rask potentially if Khudobin is kept next year. Alternatively, Bishop is pretty injury prone and getting up there in age if they keep him. Hard to know if Dallas will be left with Bishop or Khudobin next year though, but I think Oettinger has a good path to getting a solid role next year too.

I think the more important question is the overall team trajectory. They both have older impact players in Radulov/Benn/Seguin and Marchand/Bergeron/Krejci and young impact players in Robertson/Hintz/Heiskanen and Pastrnak/McAvoy. I'm leaning towards Dallas here, but Boston keeps surprising.
    12 Team H2H Keeper (4 C/LW/RW, 6 D, 2G, 3 SPARES, 2 IR - 5 keepers )

Skater Categories - G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks

Goalie Categories - W, SV %, SO

TBD

Farm team: K. Johnson, Sanderson, Nikishin, Kotchetkov