Thread: Which goalie to drop next week? League only counts wins and SO (will rep!)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Which goalie to drop next week? League only counts wins and SO (will rep!)

Which goalie should I drop in my H2H finals next week? I can only start one each night, and I only get points for wins and shutouts. These are the guys I have:

Grubauer (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat) - returning from COVID
    Talbot (Wed, Thu, Sat) - playing great but may only get 2 starts
    Campbell (Wed, Thu, Sat) - mostly playing well, may only get 2 starts, or less if Andersen returns
    Khudobin (Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat) - bit of a guessing game between him and Oettinger but could get 3 starts?

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards dropping Campbell to be honest, especially because he doesn't play the first 2 days of the week, and he overlaps so heavily with my other guys, and the risk of Andersen's return is looming. Then I can grab a streamer for a spot start on whichever night ends up being my first off night.

What do you think? Thanks in advance! I'll gladly rep all responses.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Which goalie to drop next week? League only counts wins and SO (will rep!)

First, not Grubauer. He's got 4 games, and may be returning from Covid, but Colorado can win high scoring games if things get ugly. He's been the best goalie of these 4 this year.

I think the other 3 are likely to get 2 starts, but Khudobin could get 3, and Campbell could get less, especially if Andersen returns. It may come down to opponents, but not having that data handy, I'd drop Campbell. He's on the second best team, but he's the guy most likely to lose starts, and as you note he has no days where you don't already have 2 other potential options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Which goalie to drop next week? League only counts wins and SO (will rep!)

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    First, not Grubauer. He's got 4 games, and may be returning from Covid, but Colorado can win high scoring games if things get ugly. He's been the best goalie of these 4 this year.

I think the other 3 are likely to get 2 starts, but Khudobin could get 3, and Campbell could get less, especially if Andersen returns. It may come down to opponents, but not having that data handy, I'd drop Campbell. He's on the second best team, but he's the guy most likely to lose starts, and as you note he has no days where you don't already have 2 other potential options.
    Thanks! I think he's the guy to drop to get more skaters rotated into my lineup through the week for sure.

If you have a sec, I'd love your thoughts on which moves I should make tonight before midnight to help lock up my shot at making it to next week. I posted another thread on the one-year league forum, here: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...nday-(will-rep!)

Dobber Sports Monster

Hmm...its either Campbell or Khudobin for me. Khudobin has a really difficult set of opponents and Oettinger should get 1, maybe 2 of those starts. But Campbell's play has dipped and he could lose starts to other goalies.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry