Thread: Need a bit of help finalizing my goalies

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Need a bit of help finalizing my goalies

I know there is still a week left in the regular season, but I have several #1 vs #2 matchups next week and I want #1 for the playoffs.

4/win, 3/so, .2/save, -2/goal allowed

After last night and this morning I currently have 24 goalies in my 12 leagues.

I like being in The Weak West and have the following:
    Lehner 6x
    Fleury 3x
    Talbot 1x
    Grubauer 1x
    I also have Varlamov 1x - not the West, but a solid goalie on a solid team. Interestingly, I was playing a guy for #1 two weeks ago and leading by 20 points Sunday morning. He dropped Grubauer and Varlamov in favor of goalies playing. I got both on the first bounce.

The remainder of my roster are my recent adds:
    Campbell 8X
    DeSmith 4x
    QUESTION: With Andersen and Jarry lurking, who do you think will get the most plays, Campbell or DeSmith?

I have the most skater points in all 12 leagues. I think I will go with 2 goalies in those 8 leagues where opponents have mediocre goalies. My problem is the 4 opponents who have decent skaters and 2 or more of Vasilevsky. Grubauer, Varlamov. I won't be matching that output, but would at least like to narrow the point gap. I was going to go with Demko because of his volume, but Covid shut that down.
    QUESTION: Mrazek is currently available in 9 leagues. Go with him, or just look for favorable matchups and do add/drop on a game by game basis? There are usually a couple of good ones a week. The problem with this is waiting for a confirmed, not just a probable.

Thanks much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Need a bit of help finalizing my goalies

Wow, what a score on Gru and Varly

DeSmith has filled in admirably, but I see Jarry taking the net back.

Toronto knows they probably won't have a better route to the Cup than this year and Andersen hasn't taken the reins this year nor has he played well in previous playoff series. I take Campbell here by a landslide as long as he stays healthy.

As to your second question, that's a tougher one. Maybe stay put and take solace in the potential for Varly and Gru getting rest down the stretch? I wouldn't bank on Mrazek but it's definitely something to keep an eye on, especially if Carolina moves a goaltender (which I don't think they will)

Keep an eye on scheduling, with so many sets of games against the same team I think you can be pretty sure a streamable backup will be playing at least one games against the Detroit's and Buffalos of the world. Might work out for ya being proactive rather than waiting for that confirmation if other managers are also looking to stream.

Good luck!