Thread: Talbot's Value

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Talbot's Value

What would you trade him for at the deadline in a league where goalies are scarce? 10-team league. Full keeper. Stats in my signature. So how good of a prospect or high of an entry draft pick? Talbot has been very strong this season with a 0.926% and 2.34 GAA. Curious what you guys think. Thanks for any input.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Talbot's Value

Why don't you shop him with another skater from your roster and upgrade that position?

I wouldn't worry about prospects/picks. Use him to improve your current roster.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why don't you shop him with another skater from your roster and upgrade that position?

I wouldn't worry about prospects/picks. Use him to improve your current roster.
    I wouldn't object to that. I've been offered 2nd round entry picks in the 11-16 range. I think he is worth more than that due to the importance of goalies and how he is playing right now.
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

With 600 keepers, Talbot is worth more than a 2nd. Especially since you have the Minny handcuff.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Yeah, I'd look to either upgrade your current roster, or just hold. Pick #22 overall in draft where it's almost all draftees isn't very sexy.

I'm guessign your sig may not be up to date, since I see Crawford, is that right?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Are you in contention this year?? If so I would ride the wave and keep Talbot!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Yeah, I'd look to either upgrade your current roster, or just hold. Pick #22 overall in draft where it's almost all draftees isn't very sexy.

I'm guessign your sig may not be up to date, since I see Crawford, is that right?
    I have good goalies in Shesterkin, Demko, Blackwood, Andersen, and Khahkonen. I am coming out of a rebuild and while I will make the playoffs, I am not a strong contender. Trading Talbot for a draft pick or prospect that a contending team does not need this season is the idea. But yeah, I am going to keep him if I don't get a return I like.