Thread: Campbell is he a starter next season ?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Campbell is he a starter next season ?

I have an offer for him. A late 1st round pick in this year draft for him...Im ok on G side with Blackwood, Sorokin, Petersen...Dress one or two per week...

You take the pick, or wait on Campbell to get a better return ?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Campbell is he a starter next season ?

Hard to say what Toronto will do next year. At this point, I don't see Andersen coming back. If Campbell can take the ball and run with it for the rest of this season, it's not out of the question. Personally I don't see him as starter material but who knows.

I don't think this is for the league in your signature so can you tell us more about your league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Hard to say what Toronto will do next year. At this point, I don't see Andersen coming back. If Campbell can take the ball and run with it for the rest of this season, it's not out of the question. Personally I don't see him as starter material but who knows.

I don't think this is for the league in your signature so can you tell us more about your league.
    Multicats stats. Dress 1G 5D or 2G 4D. 18 teams. No limit with our goalie on our reserve, so many teams are looking for good G...There is a total maximum of players though, but not for specific positions. Also, no maximum limit in our minor team.
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Dobber Sports Deity

In a league this size, I'd say a 1st is a fair price for Campbell.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

A 1st for a non-starter is a pretty solid deal IMO. I don't think Campbell will be more than a tandem guy. If Andersen leaves they still have to bring in another goalie.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

It's impossible to imagine the Leafs handing over a full time gig to a 29 year old goalie with 62 career starts while being considered a cup contender.

Do I think Andersen will go elsewhere? yes - unless the price is right
    Do I think the net will be Campbell's? Nope.

The Leafs will 100% be in the hunt for a goalie that can shoulder 50-60% of the load.
    With the play and injury to Freddy this year I think there's a chance he comes back for $5m on a 1-2 year deal.

Interesting UFA names I believe the Leafs will consider

Raanta
    Mrazek
    Dreidger
    Halak
    Smith - (something nostalgic about a 40year old goalie in Toronto don't you think?)
    Grubauer - odds are Col. re-signs him
    Reimer/Mrazek - Car. will keep one of them
    Ullmark - anyone gets a chance to leave Buffalo is likely to run

& more rumours will swirl on Korpisalo
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Easy answer from me is "no" Jack Campbell is not a starter next year.. The guy can't stay healthy, I can't see anybody hitching their wagon to someone so injury prone..
    But I guess I could be totally wrong......
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd probably take that offer right now.

He has a sparse NHL track record, which is spotty but above average. He has health issues, and I don't see him as an unquestioned starter.

He could play well over the next week or so, increasing his value quickly, or he could flounder. He also might not get enough starts to really cement anything. I'd take the 1st rounder, and use the spot to grab somebody else you can hope to also get value out of.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I finally got two picks for him. A late NHL first round, and a top second round pick in 2021...There is also few prospects from past, that will be available...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Well done.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think the Leafs end up trying to keep Andersen if the Leafs go to the Stanley Cup final.

The market for goalies has settled and teams are realizing a 8mill goalie is not going to help your team win. I think if Andersen gets back to his normal game, he's going to get around what Markstrom got, 6x6. If the Leafs want him, I think they offer him 5.5mill/yr, and move a player for Hyman's deal.

Dubas has the ability to keep guys he wants to keep.

The big thing is how well the Leafs do in the playoffs determines how much Dubas keeps "the core" and Andersen is prolly the first "core" guy gone. Really matters how this all goes over the next couple of weeks. Campbell seems to be a guy the players give that extra little umph for, which would let you get that extra save eventually. He's got a very James Reimer feel to me, where his ceiling is much lower than the rest of the goalies, but he'll always look like he's trying because of the effort they need to do.

If Andersen is gone, Campbell gets 50/50 time share with a very cheap goalie from the UFA market.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Novice

6-0
    1.48GAA
    .945SV%

Big game against the Jets tomorrow.

Administrator

Will he make it to the game?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust