Thread: Who to drop for Jarry?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who to drop for Jarry?

Jarry has hit the waiver wire.

I'm picking him up. He's a clear starter on what looks like a good team playing an easy schedule rest of season.

My other goalies are Markstrom, Bobrovsky, Shesterkin (IR+), Lehner (IR+)

I'm debating who to drop for Jarry. Should I drop Bob or one of my forwards? (Team in Sig)

Also what should I do once Shesterkin is healthy?
    10 team dynasty weekly H2H league no cap
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blks, FOW, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 5 D, 2 Until, 2 G, 4 Bench, 1 NA, 5 IR+ (22 active roster spots)

C: Crosby, Hintz, Cozens (C/RW), Scheifele, Hischier
    LW: Draisaitl (C/LW), Forsberg, E Kane, Nelson (C/LW), Benn
    RW: Kucherov, Marchessault (LW/RW), Tippett (LW/RW), Jarvis
    D: Seider, Hedman, Heiskanen, Chabot, Letang, Ekholm
    G: Saros, Thompson, Gustavsson
    NA: Levi

IR+: Landeskog, Hamilton

Prospects: Cutter Gauthier, Zellweger, Nemec

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Who to drop for Jarry?

do you have Util positions?

if not it seems like 4 guys that only can play C might be overkill, in which case I'd say a starting G is more valuable than Dubois (who really should be C/LW by now but that's another story)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I've been trying to trade one of my centers but to no avail. There's no utility spots so holding 4 pure centers is pretty inefficient.

If I do pickup Jarry as my 3rd goalie, how should I deal with Shesterkin coming back?

Which goalie would be the odd man out out of Markstrom, Jarry, Bob and Shesterkin?

There are a lot of goalie needy teams so I would look to trade one of them.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yeah trading guys who are strict C is tough cuz there are usually good ones on the open market (although I see you play in a 12 team league whereas mine is 10 so that might be different for you)

If you do find Dubois to be expendable (I just dropped him last week because he played the same nights as my other C's Point and Trochek) it might be worth streaming Jarry for the short term as 7 of the Pens next 9 games are against BUF/NJ. If you can formulate a trade in the meantime I think you'd be looking pretty good.

As for which one, all else equal I'd probably look to move Markstrom. some injuries thus far and a lot of offensive firepower in that division.

Lots of directions you could go but it looks like you have the chance to land 4 good goalies and give yourseld options.

If you can then formulate a trade you've done well for yourself. if not at the very least you've probably taken advantage of Jarrys easy schedule and can then decide on which of the 4 to keep. I think that would be my strategy.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chinesespy View Post
    I've been trying to trade one of my centers but to no avail. There's no utility spots so holding 4 pure centers is pretty inefficient.

If I do pickup Jarry as my 3rd goalie, how should I deal with Shesterkin coming back?

Which goalie would be the odd man out out of Markstrom, Jarry, Bob and Shesterkin?

There are a lot of goalie needy teams so I would look to trade one of them.
    Your solution is right here. Trade a goalie & a pure center for help elsewhere that is positionally helpful. Can be a 2 for 2, a 2 for 1, a 3 for 2, whatever.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

might be time to just drop fiala. he has been less than impressive, even with minny on a hot streak...
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA: