Thread: Francouz stash?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Francouz stash?

Francouz is sitting on the wire and once i get a IR spot open i was thinking of stashing him, any word on his injury? Hasn't played yet this year, is he going to be able to play as well as last season or expect a bumpy return to play? I read at the start of the season the avs were planning on a 60/40 split with grubbauer
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Francouz stash?

I have him stashed, and depending on your G situ (only really safe if you own Vas or Helley), I would too. Goalies are remarkable stinky this year in terms of trust and consistency. Plus Gru has never played more than about 40 games in any season. The COVID breaks will help and hurt (help - get Franc healthy with less games missed; hurt - giving Gru rest to maintain health he's never been able to maintain). There's potential here and I am crossing fingers since between the pipes are what's stopping me from running away with it this season. Also, goalies are mental. Gru has never been great with a worthy competition for the job... he is excelling without competition, so I think he struggles once Franc starts to play again. MENTAL... they are... you watch... This is also why coaches should not just play the hot hand... similar to taking a pitcher out in the 4th or 5th inning because he walked a couple guys. Let them get in a groove and not have to worry about making a mistake to lose playing time. Curse you coaches and analytics!! Sorry, rant over.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Might as well stash and see. No harm in doing that.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks repped. Anything new other than just week to week on injury timeline, could be 1 week or 4, seems vague
    12 Team H2H - 3C/3LW/3RW/4D/4BN
    G,A,PPP,PIM,+-,SOG,SHP
    W,GAA,SV%,SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by holypuck View Post
    Thanks repped. Anything new other than just week to week on injury timeline, could be 1 week or 4, seems vague
    It's always been vague and that's why if you need the IR spot later on you can't be afraid to cut him.