Thread: Petersen or Oettinger or...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Petersen or Oettinger or...

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing well. Need some help with regards to goalies.

Situation:

Since last year in my cap keeper league (sig), I've used the strategy of spending the least money possible on my goalies and it's working out great so far, allowing me to roster superstar forwards. Champioship last year with Hart and Jarry and this year with Hart and Saros I am a tiny 1 point behind first as of right now.

With both my goalie contracts expiring, I'm looking to find a cheap keeper for next season.

Question:

Do you think Petersen is a viable option for next season? Would picking up Oettinger be a better option? Any other goalie who will be on a cheap contract next season you'd recommend?

Thank you!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Petersen or Oettinger or...

Oettinger might be your best bet for next season.

Francouz, Kahkonen, Vanecek, and Lankinen are your realistic options.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Oettinger might be your best bet for next season.

Francouz, Kahkonen, Vanecek, and Lankinen are your realistic options.
    Oettinger, Kahkonen and Lankinen are all free agents in my league. I can get any one as a replacement for Petersen on my bench with one of my 5 FAs remaining till trade deadline.

Would you make the move and grab Oettinger? Safe bet for starter (at least 60/40) for next season?
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

The Great One

Oettenger is the best player of the group but not a safe bet for a starters gig next year. A lot depends on the Khudobin and Bishop. They are both getting paid as starters but are both older and have injury issues. At this point I think Lankinen has the cleaest path to being a starter as long as his solid play keeps up.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Long term, I believe Peterson is a solid option. He's clearly the future for LA with a rebuilding group of guys. The problem right now is Quick is still there sharing time. Out of all the kids listed here, I believe he's the surest starter from those listed, if you can wait.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Long term, I believe Peterson is a solid option. He's clearly the future for LA with a rebuilding group of guys. The problem right now is Quick is still there sharing time. Out of all the kids listed here, I believe he's the surest starter from those listed, if you can wait.
    Looking for next year. Looking for most possible wins. We keep 1 goalie and if Hart signs for anywhere near $6M I won't keep him. It's a strategy of spending most money on forwards as I think goalies are too unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Oettenger is the best player of the group but not a safe bet for a starters gig next year. A lot depends on the Khudobin and Bishop. They are both getting paid as starters but are both older and have injury issues. At this point I think Lankinen has the cleaest path to being a starter as long as his solid play keeps up.
    Yeah the Khudobin/Bishop situation is a concern.

It's still early so I might wait it out a bit and see how things develop... hoping these options will still be there later on. (I have a feeling Oettinger might be scooped up soon by the Khudobin owner)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Follow-up question: Is it time to drop Saros? His numbers are just plain awful this season and he's already been pulled a few times. Would replacing him with Lankinen, which is about half the price, make sense or is it too early to give up on Saros(speaking this year only)?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'm good with replacing Saros for this season. Hynes is brutally bad, the team is Trashville now.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.