Thread: Hellebuyck // //Blackwood // Knight // Askarov

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Hellebuyck // //Blackwood // Knight // Askarov

C.Hellebuyck (WPG)
    M.Blackwood (NJD)
    S.Knight (FLA) [prospect]
    Y.Askarov (NSH) [prospect]

For winning now AND for winning in the future in a dynasty style league, which goalie do you prefer (or rank 1-4).

Secondary Question(s):
    Is it worth trading an Askarov or Knight to land a Helle or Kenzie for the "sure" thing for next few years for sure and even possibly in the future?
    Or vice versa ... trading Helle for one of those prospect goalies if you are in a semi re-build/re-tool.
    (And if so which one of prospect goalies do you trade or trade for?!)

New to the world of dynasty and was referred here for solid feedback and insight so thank you very much to all who read this and have input!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Hellebuyck // //Blackwood // Knight // Askarov

1. Who is "Kenzie"?

2. Order:
    Hellebuyck
    (gap)
    Blackwood
    (big gap)
    Askarov/Knight

3. I'd trade either prospect for Hellebuyck without question. Whether to deal for Blackwood would depend on my roster & situation.

4. I would not trade Hellebuyck for a questionable prospect goalie that is far away from the NHL. Blackwood would probably also be a no for me, but it's possible, depending on what else comes back with the prospect goalie.

Neither of those 2 guys is the next Carter Hart. Both have NHL caliber starters entrenched on their teams, and the teams are unlikely to need to be using anything like 7 goalies in a season, opening the door for the prospect. Just look at this goalie train-wreck:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/PHI/2019.html
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thank you @stevegamer ... For response:

1> Kenzie = MacKenzie Blackwood. Sorry I like my nicknames haha
    2> Figure this was order of course currently
    3/4> Yes yes was not sure at moment seems even month after WJC people buzzing on Ask/Knight still so perhaps good time to be selling for the proven goalie
    However given draft spot and hype I could see one or both being similar to Hart, minus team situation of PHI having brutal goaltending leading up to Hart debut. Guess will see on Saros in NSH over full season next year possibly without Rinne backup net and it is not like Bob has shut the door very well in FLA tho. But yes I realize young goalies usually are a 4-6 year wait so these 2 even as high touted as they are could still be looking at 2023-24 season and lots can change (fantasy and real life) between now and then!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That team situation is key. Flyers used 7 goalies that year, and while some youngsters had some promise, they were desperate. Bobrovsky & Saros are far ahead of Elliott in terms of performance and healthiness.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Now and in the future? Hellebuyck will be a top tier goalie the next five years. Knight and Askarov won't be in the NHL. These players are in totally different categories, IMO.

Edit/PS: welcome to the community!

Dobber Sports Stud

Hellebuyck won a Vezina with possibly one of the worst defenses of the modern era. And is still putting together strong performances with a defense of: Pionk/Morresey/Beaulieu/Demelo/Forbert/???????19-21 year old no names this year. Who the hell is Tucker Poolman? lol

Beaulieu, Forbert and Demelo are sheltered 6th Dmen on most teams.

I am still shocked that they traded Laine for another center TBH.

I like Blackwood a lot. We need to see how he does over a full year as starter
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Hellebuyck won a Vezina with possibly one of the worst defenses of the modern era. And is still putting together strong performances with a defense of: Pionk/Morresey/Beaulieu/Demelo/Forbert/???????19-21 year old no names this year. Who the hell is Tucker Poolman? lol

Beaulieu, Forbert and Demelo are sheltered 6th Dmen on most teams.

I am still shocked that they traded Laine for another center TBH.

I like Blackwood a lot. We need to see how he does over a full year as starter
    2kkbmg75jlf61.jpg

Hellebuyck is the only reason why people don't think of the Jets as a complete joke defensively. And somehow people still don't give him his due.

From the games I've watched, he's rounding into Vezina form again.
    12 Team Roto., 30 Player (20 Keeper) Yahoo Dynasty

G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLK -- W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

4 - C/LW/RW
    6 - D
    3 - Util
    3 - G

C - Crosby, McDavid, O'Reilly, Couturier
    LW - Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Bennett, Fiala
    RW - Pastrnak, Kucherov, Caufield, Mangiapane
    Util - Lowry, Backstrom, McCann, Barzal, Pageau, E. Kane, Mercer, M. Foligno
    D - Dahlin, Karlsson, Hamilton, Dumba, Pulock, Dobson, Faulk, Romanov

G - Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Bernier