Thread: Keeper Advice Needed

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keeper Advice Needed

In a league where we can keep any Four Players. Is a points league - scoring is goal - 3 / assist - 2/ Plus Minus +/- 1.

I Have some really good forwards and can't keep them all.
    I Need to pick four of Leon Draisaitl, Elias Pettersson, Kyle Connor, Alex Ovechkin, Mika Zibanejad, and Jonny Gaudreau.

I think I have the first 3 decided on but wavering back and forth on the last guy. Any thoughts ?

Thanks

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Keeper Advice Needed

Welcome to the forums!

Gaudreau is my first drop. Then it's a really tough choice... It's almost unfathomable to do but I may actually drop Ovie here.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ace

Agree with this being very tough. Draisaitl and Zibanejad are locks and then can’t let pettersson walk as he has 100pt potential. But goals are worth more and ovi and Connor score more goals than him. Ovechkins +/- was worse than the rest last year. So I think Eskimo brother is right with dropping ovechkin and gaudreau with these settings.

Dobber Sports Deity

Welcome to the forums.

There's a couple easy choices here for me and a really, one hard one. Easy choices - keep Draisaitl and Zibanejad, drop Gaudreau. Now it gets tougher.

To me, Ovechkin is the next best player in this setup for the next couple seasons. I like his production more than Connor's and Pettersson's short term (1-2 years). The question comes down to how much better is he and is he worth the age gap. To me, I think he and Connor are close but there's a gap down to Pettersson in this setup. Does EP eventually make it up to Ovechkin's level in the forseeable future to make him keeper worthy? None of us truly know.

If your goal is to win, then Ovechkin and Connor would be my next two guys. If you are focused on age over winning, then let Ovechkin go.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Again, Draisaitl and Zibanejad are keepers and Gaudreau gone. As hard as it would be to drop EP40, I would. Connor and Ovie are close, but I would go with Connor. He will be top 5 in goals this year with more helpers than Ovie.
    12 team pts league. G(1pt), A(1pt), PPP(1pt), SHP(1pt), GWG(1pt), W(3pts), SO(2pts)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4F, 4D, 2G, 4Bench, 2IR
    Keep any 5 max 3 years

C - McDavid, Backstrom, Tavares, Couturier, Trochek
    RW - Pavelski, Fiala, E. Lindholm
    LW - Landeskog, Palat, E. Kane, Robertson
    D - Hedman, Yandle, Fox, Provorov
    G - Lehner, Rask, MAF, Talbot