Thread: Who to Drop? Keeper League - Keep 18

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Who to Drop? Keeper League - Keep 18

Hi Dobber Community,

Currently going into our second seasonal and first keeper draft. Last year didn't go too well as I finished second last. However, I did finish the season on a high note going 4-1 in my last 5. Given my team isn't crazy strong, I'm looking for a few years out and am not expecting to win it all this year. Compared to other teams in my league I seem to have the most salary cap space and a lot of the young up and coming players with great value salary caps (thinking Fiala, Bjorkstrand, Werenski, Hart, Saros). But I am lacking a lot of high end talent on the team. I draft 4th overall this year due to bad luck in the draft lottery. :/

I have to drop 6 players and wanted to get some solid opinions on the team and the players I am looking to drop. You should be able to find all the info needed in my sig, any other questions, please reach out and ask!

Pretty confident I will drop:
    1: Rittich
    2: Dustin Brown
    3: Gustafsson
    4: Beauvillier

Players I think I might drop:
    1: Mangipane - Think he has potential, and saw a lot of progression last year. Low salary cap is nice as well. Not sure how long it takes him to hit is ceiling and exactly how high the ceiling is.

2: Skinner - Former young star in the league. Seems to have fallen our of favour in Buffalo probably playing second line behind Oloffson and Hall on the Depth chart. Would obviously love to keep him if he returns to his 40 goal ways. However don't know how likely that is and his 9 mil salary is high for the production he provided last season.

3: Gibson - Love the player, love the salary, hate the team. It's a given the ducks weren't good last year and may not be good for a couple of years. Leaning towards keeping him the most out of all 7 players mentioned here.

Any thoughts or advice on the team and who to drop would be awesome.

Thanks Guys,
    All Washed Up /League Champion 2020-2021/ Salary Cap Keeper League (Keep 18 NHL Players) (Keep 9 Minors)
    Salary Cap: $112 Mil, Players AAV
    F: Goals =2, Assists =1, PPP =1, +/- =0.5, SOG =0.25, Hits =0.25
    D: Same as above except Goals =3, Assists =2
    G: Win =2.5, SO =5, SV =0.1, GA =-0.5

C: Giroux(LW), Roslovic, Zibanejad, Larkin, Gourde(LW-IR)
    LW: N. Ritchie, Fiala(RW), Ehlers, Gaudreau, Lee,
    RW: Necas, Rantanen, Kakko, J. Anderson, Bjorkstrand
    D: Barrie, Werenski, McAvoy, Boqvist,
    G: Hart, Saros, Gibson

Minors: Brannstrom, Bouchard, Drysdale, Lundkvist, Eklund,
    Tolvanen, S Knight, Holtz, Tomasino, Newhook, Vanecek, M Phillips

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who to Drop? Keeper League - Keep 18

Chin up! You will get a great prospect at 4th.

Id probably keep Beauvillier over Mangiapane but agree with the rest. Its really close though, I just feel there is more certainty of Beau playing in the top 6. He also hits more.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I feel it's between Beauvillier, Mangiapane, Gustaffson, and Gibson.

With Gustafsson, you're hoping he gets the Flyers PP1 and runs with it. I'd think you've got better options. I'd eliminate him.
    With Gibson, you're hoping he returns to form, as last year was below average. I think that's likely, but he's looking like your #3 goalie.
    Mangiapane versus Beauvillier is a cheaper guy with less certain role versus a more expensive guy with a more certain role. I prefer beuavillier since you have cap room; Mangiapane should be the easiest redraft of all these guys.

So Gibson versus Beauvillier for me, depending on how goalies hold value.

How many teams in the league?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I appreciate that!

Yeah I have heard from a few other people as well recommending Beauv over Mang. I guess it's the Flames fan in me that was leaning towards Mang even though I try to stay unbiased in this!

Also it's a 12 team league. Sorry about that, I thought I would have mentioned that in my sig!

In terms of the value of goalies, the scoring in the league was made so that the top defensemen and top goalies are fairly equivalent to the top forwards in the league in terms of fantasy points per game. Last year in the inaugural draft, you had Vasi go in the first round. Three goalies in the 3rd round. And four in the 4th round with Gibson being picked at the top of the fourth round by another team. Maybe that gives some idea of value.
    All Washed Up /League Champion 2020-2021/ Salary Cap Keeper League (Keep 18 NHL Players) (Keep 9 Minors)
    Salary Cap: $112 Mil, Players AAV
    F: Goals =2, Assists =1, PPP =1, +/- =0.5, SOG =0.25, Hits =0.25
    D: Same as above except Goals =3, Assists =2
    G: Win =2.5, SO =5, SV =0.1, GA =-0.5

C: Giroux(LW), Roslovic, Zibanejad, Larkin, Gourde(LW-IR)
    LW: N. Ritchie, Fiala(RW), Ehlers, Gaudreau, Lee,
    RW: Necas, Rantanen, Kakko, J. Anderson, Bjorkstrand
    D: Barrie, Werenski, McAvoy, Boqvist,
    G: Hart, Saros, Gibson

Minors: Brannstrom, Bouchard, Drysdale, Lundkvist, Eklund,
    Tolvanen, S Knight, Holtz, Tomasino, Newhook, Vanecek, M Phillips

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I definitely think it's the Flames fan in you with Mangiapane.

So last year, Gibson was seen as goalie in the 5-10 range overall at the draft. I'd keep him, given that info. having 3 starting goalies is a strong position to go into the draft.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.