Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could Reimer wrestle the starter's job from Mzarek?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Could Reimer wrestle the starter's job from Mzarek?

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

Your league is the molehill
    Now I'm really insulted.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Your league isn't large enough to gamble on Reimer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    If you drop anyone it would be Saros and I am not sure just after one bad start I'd be willing to drop him. I think I would just stay with the Goalies you have right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    In a 10tm - start 2G league... you probably shouldn't be looking at the 50th ranked goalie in the NHL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    In 2016-17 Reimer' sv% was .920, in 2017-18 it was .913. Both numbers much better than what Mrazek posted in Detroit and Philadelphia in those seasons. I think Mrazek has the inside track here coming off last season, but remember that a year ago it was Mrazek who had looked awful of late.

I agree with this. While I think it's a possibility Reimer gets more starts, I don't think it will be enough to justify the move.
    Thanks folks. I have an itchy "trigger" finger and enjoy trying to find value where there may be little or none. I like my team a lot and think I have a real chance to win things this year, but just hate sitting around doing nothing.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Thanks folks. I have an itchy "trigger" finger and enjoy trying to find value where there may be little or none. I like my team a lot and think I have a real chance to win things this year, but just hate sitting around doing nothing.
    You're not wrong for wanting to be proactive. You just have to understand your league's pool of relevant players is limited so you can't be spending too much time at the fringes. I'm in a similar position in an 8-team league. Of course I want to make my team better but it's not like I'm going to be rostering Victor Olofsson or Sammy Blais in that league when my current worst player is Kopitar.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    If Reimer is the starting goalie for Carolina then the Hurricanes are in trouble. Mrazek is the guy and the only one that should move him out of the #1 position is ANed. That may happen next year depending on how Mrazek plays this year.
    Reimer could definitely steal the starting job away from Mrazek. He's been a better goalie in the NHL over his career than Mrazek has been. Reimer has a career .914 SV% which is higher than Mrazek's .911. I would expect this is going to be a 1A and 1B situation where both goalies play more than 32 games this season. Because of that, I would agree with a lot of the others who are saying that neither goalie may be worth owning in a league that counts saves.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Swels Stewart View Post
    In 2016-17 Reimer' sv% was .920, in 2017-18 it was .913. Both numbers much better than what Mrazek posted in Detroit and Philadelphia in those seasons. I think Mrazek has the inside track here coming off last season, but remember that a year ago it was Mrazek who had looked awful of late.

I agree with this. While I think it's a possibility Reimer gets more starts, I don't think it will be enough to justify the move.
    Great point. Mrazek was horrendous before coming to Carolina. And let's not forget how well McLehinney did in Carolina as well. There is something to be said about the team and system in Carolina that helps the goalies for sure
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Great point. Mrazek was horrendous before coming to Carolina. And let's not forget how well McLehinney did in Carolina as well. There is something to be said about the team and system in Carolina that helps the goalies for sure
    This is slightly false. He was good to very good in Detroit the first few years. Then it went downhill. I was excited that the Flyers got him at the deadline, but he didn't do well. I think he needed a training camp with the new team and to understand the system.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Reimer could definitely steal the starting job away from Mrazek. He's been a better goalie in the NHL over his career than Mrazek has been. Reimer has a career .914 SV% which is higher than Mrazek's .911. I would expect this is going to be a 1A and 1B situation where both goalies play more than 32 games this season. Because of that, I would agree with a lot of the others who are saying that neither goalie may be worth owning in a league that counts saves.
    Not to mention Carolina pays them equally...3million
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Reimer's always been a little underrated and I've never understood why. For a guy who's always played on poor teams, until now, his career numbers are definitely respectable.
    He could take Mrazek's job, for sure.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Reimer's always been a little underrated and I've never understood why. For a guy who's always played on poor teams, until now, his career numbers are definitely respectable.
    He could take Mrazek's job, for sure.
    Hes underrated because hes got no finish- lol! The starting gig was laid up for him in Florida. As a Leafs fan I was all over Optimus Reim last year because you just know he has the talent and I figured hes had a few years to iron out the consistency issues- now surely its his time. And then it wasnt. Lol-I mean hes 31 now, he had a chance to be the guy in TO... couldnt finish. He got a chance in Florida, and even signed a contract that specifically let him tutor under Luongo for a couple years until he was ready... couldnt finish.

So can he steal it in Carolina?

Sure he can- and in fact now that im finally saying no it would just be fitting if he did go out and do it- lol! BUT historically he has not been able to finish- and that boils down to consistency and how he handles pressure- and some goalies just dont have the qualities to overcome those challenges. Rather than steal it- I might be asking if he can thrive like a Halak/Elliott/Greiss and put up 35ish very strong games. Like I said- now he'll run away with the starting gig- haha! Its just a little irksome to hear the comment about how hes underrated. iF youve put meaningful draft stock or trade assets into landing Reimer that question answers itself. hes "underrated" because weve always hoped he could emerge as a starter and he never has. Case closed or as we like to say where Im from... Mackenzie weegar'ed....