Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Ilya Samsonov

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    would you rather Samsonov or MSmith?
    In a keeper league? Samsonov, no question. One year, maybe Samsonov too
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I got lucky in my auction draft and got him for $1 with my last player to fill out my roster.
    I'm gonna need the luck too because my other 2 goalies are Schneider and Ullmark.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Looks like he is starting Friday.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    The Capitals are a playoff team and they want that Stanley Cup run to be a long one with a rested Holtby so I definitely don't see Holtby playing 60-65 games. I see him playing more in the range of 50-55 and that will be determined on how Samsonov handles the net.
    They were afforded that luxury with a very solid Grubauer and a better group of d-men.

If he's good, he'll get 30 games, if he's not. He won't. Simple as that. We'll know more come Friday as if he's NHL ready.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by finnys_fanatsy View Post
    would you rather Samsonov or MSmith?
    Keeper league no doubt I would choose Samsonov. One year league it would be Mike Smith. It already seems that Edmonton is rethinking the Koskinen starter thing by removing him in game 1 for Mike Smith. I believe Mike Smith gets more of the split in Edmonton.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    How many games do you see Samsonov playing this year? If he is indeed the back up..
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    They were afforded that luxury with a very solid Grubauer and a better group of d-men.

If he's good, he'll get 30 games, if he's not. He won't. Simple as that. We'll know more come Friday as if he's NHL ready.
    I think Sasmsonov will get at least 20 games.

The Capitals have 12 back to back games... and they also play against Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo and Los Angeles twice each. Some of these might be in the back to back... but I can't see the Capitals wasting a Holtby start on a game against the bottom teams this year.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have watched him in the preseason and one thing I can tell you about Samsonov is he commands the net and he is very calm for someone who is young and really doesn't have much experience in the NHL. I think he is the real deal.

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Titan

I think IS is the real deal. But who knows if he can consistently do it. For the Caps, you want him to play 30-40 games as the last 2-4 cup winners have had goalies play less than 60 games I'm pretty sure win the cup.

Rested goalies are the new thing. So yeah, he's prolly going to be given the opportunity to play 30 games, but if he sucks, and Copley isn't claimed, who knows.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think IS is the real deal. But who knows if he can consistently do it. For the Caps, you want him to play 30-40 games as the last 2-4 cup winners have had goalies play less than 60 games I'm pretty sure win the cup.

Rested goalies are the new thing. So yeah, he's prolly going to be given the opportunity to play 30 games, but if he sucks, and Copley isn't claimed, who knows.
    Oh I agree, the rested Goalie is what will be needed for Holtby to succeed down the stretch in the Stanley Cup playoff. Only time will tell with Samsonov. All I am saying is what I have seen in the very short term for him and it have look good. I hope it can at least go for 25-30 games in the season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

he could get 20-25 maybe 30 if he plays well..he could also suck and gets send down after 2-3 and either coply will clear and be called up or they go after another goalie...

either way its quite surprising and as an owner in my re-build league im really excited to see what he can do
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If Samsonov does suck the Capitals do have another young option that they do like in Vitek Vancek. He also look good in preseason. Don't be surprised if Copley gets claimed or the Cap is an issue that they wouldn't give him a try.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ilya’s comparable has to be Juuse Saros. Similar situation and both are goalies of the future. I sat on Vasi, Hellebuyck and Saros and slowly they have all begun to hatch under my watch; so hockey gods, if you are listening, please let this happen again.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

My issue would come at the end of the season. It's a 14 team, 7 keeper league with a high value on goalies 4/11 cats. I have bob and price. So do I deal one later for a huge haul and keep samsonov for next year where he's the starter?
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    My issue would come at the end of the season. It's a 14 team, 7 keeper league with a high value on goalies 4/11 cats. I have bob and price. So do I deal one later for a huge haul and keep samsonov for next year where he's the starter?
    It is hard to say right now. If Samsonov plays well as Holtby's back up it is his final year of his contract so he could be on the move. Samsonov would be the perfect keeper for the long term then and if you could trade Price for other pieces that would be great.