Thread: Halak vs Saros

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Halak vs Saros

Which of the 2 would you prefer as a 3rd goalie option?
    12 Team H2H 6x6
    G,A,SOG,PPP,Hits,Blocks
    W,L,GAA,SV%,Saves,SO
    Auction Keeper, Keep 1 Each of C, W, D, G

C - McDavid
    C - Hischier
    LW - J. Hughes
    LW - Pacioretty
    RW - Rantanen
    RW - Rakell
    D - Dahlin
    D - Theodore
    D - Montour
    D - Lauzon
    U - Cozens

BN - Bennett
    BN - Slafkovsky
    BN - Killorn

IR+ - Terry
    IR+ - Vilardi
    IR - Norris

G - Shesterkin
    G - Saros

NA - Askarov

The Great One

Default Re: Halak vs Saros

With Halak you'll get 30-35 starts and solid stats. Saros should be in that vicinity, but there's a chance he could unseat Rinne, which is not the case in Boston with Halak. For all the hype about Saros though, his peripherals last season were the worst of his career, so perhaps he's not as great as thought nor, in turn, as likely to unseat Rinne this season. If it was me I'd go with Halak and the surer thing.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Immortal

I want Halak here. Get some East dominance on your team/

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Rinne plays a bunch so I would take Halak.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't know about this. I really like Saros and feel he will get 30-35 starts and in his last preseason start he look great to me stopping all but 1 shot on 31 shots. He also has a stellar Defense to work with. It is my opinion to go with Saros.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Initiate

It's hard to choose between Boston and Nashville. Boston will probably win more games, but their defense isn't as good as Nashville's so the peripheral stats may not be as good.

Between Rask and Rinne, Rinne has been a little less consistent. If either were to lose their starting gig, it would more likely be Rinne. Rinne is also 5 years older which might make him more injury prone.

IMO, Halak and Saros are the 2 best backups in the league - Halak's position at the top of the pile might be because of his situation in Boston more than because of him. Up until last year, Saros was the best backup in the league bar none, but he was much less consistent last year than in previous ones. I still think Saros is the better goalie and has a better defensive team and defensive system in front of him. I think they will both see 30-35 starts. I choose Saros, but would also choose Halak if Saros was not available.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think Bos trends down this year. I also think Saros starts more than Halak.

Saros for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4