Thread: PSA - Specify points-based league vs. points only when asking for advice

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default PSA - Specify points-based league vs. points only when asking for advice

Hi,

Just want to send a message to all those asking for advice on the forums...I highly recommend that you make it really clear whether your league is points-only (i.e., 40 goals + 40 assists = 80 points) or points-based league (e.g., G = 3 points, A = 2 points, Hits = 0.25 points, etc.). This will make sure you get the best advice possible because these two setups are incredibly different.

Short of that, people that want to provide input should pay attention to scoring settings if a person says "league in signature".
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Administrator

Default Re: PSA - Specify points-based league vs. points only when asking for advice

Full player names (not nicknames) is also helpful. It's in the best interest of the person seeking help if everyone knows who we're talking about.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: PSA - Specify points-based league vs. points only when asking for advice

TRADES. So many times I check out a trade thread only to find out I have no idea who the poster has traded away (is hoping to trade away) or is getting (hoping to get).
    When you post about a trade, PLEASE....
    ...I'm giving up XYZ and getting AB (give and get)
    ...my RS for his TU
    ...Trading away C and receiving D

And it's LOSE, not "loose". Loose is your shoelace.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    TRADES. So many times I check out a trade thread only to find out I have no idea who the poster has traded away (is hoping to trade away) or is getting (hoping to get).
    When you post about a trade, PLEASE....
    ...I'm giving up XYZ and getting AB (give and get)
    ...my RS for his TU
    ...Trading away C and receiving D

And it's LOSE, not "loose". Loose is your shoelace.
    OMG, This. So much this! I'll pull my hair out if I read one more thread about a trade where 8 replies in, we find out the players are being acquired instead of traded (or the opposite)
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Master

And every thread simply posted on the forward advice thread!?! We have multiple threads!! Haha

Ah man no nhl hockey tonight = collective forum etiquette and spelling gripe session haha.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Full player names (not nicknames) is also helpful. It's in the best interest of the person seeking help if everyone knows who we're talking about.
    I remember a few years ago, someone had posted they were trying to acquire Johnny H. I racked my brain trying to figure out who it was. Jonathan Huberdeau was the best I could come up with.

The guy was referring to Johnny Hockey (aka Gaudreau).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Grand Master

League parameters are very important:

Scoring system for all positions
    # of teams
    Roster size & composition
    Starters & lineup rules

If you are in league with some weird and hard to explain rules (like me!) try to simplify it down to what it most basically is.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

Search before asking for advice!!!! Good chance your question has already been asked in the past few days/weeks/months.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."