Thread: The Nuge

Dobber Sports Novice

Default The Nuge

How are you guys feeling about Nugent Hopkins this year in a points only league? Dobber has him projected for 60 points but I admit that his preseason success with McDavid has got me tempted to reach for him in my upcoming drafts. Is 70+ points not unreasonable for him?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: The Nuge

60 is safe and should be where you draft him but I think there is a good chance (30%) that he gets 70+ this year if he stays healthy.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

He needs to stay healthy and avoid the Edmonton line blender that was running all of last season. The chemistry with McD is there but the center depth is not, so if Strome doesn't work out or there's injuries they pretty much have to slide him back to the middle. I'm doubtful he can stick there all season but if he does 70+ should be a cakewalk.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    He needs to stay healthy and avoid the Edmonton line blender that was running all of last season. The chemistry with McD is there but the center depth is not, so if Strome doesn't work out or there's injuries they pretty much have to slide him back to the middle. I'm doubtful he can stick there all season but if he does 70+ should be a cakewalk.
    I worry about that as well an center injury and he's off that line before the ink drys on the next day rosters. Not a lot of center depth with the team if an injury occurs.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky