Thread: Last pick! Kase and Lindholm or....(rep)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Last pick! Kase and Lindholm or....(rep)

Points only keeper with salary cap

Who would you rather have

Lindholm and Kase

or

a combination of the following:

Sikura or Zykov

and

Granlund or Pavelski

Thanks!
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)
    D: Chabot, Q.Hughes, Barrie, Sergachev, Burns, Dobson
    G: Price, Hellebuyck
    Reserve: Kakko, Gusev

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Last pick! Kase and Lindholm or....(rep)

Kase

and combo of the following. two answers

for THIS season: Zykov/Pavelski
    beyond 18/19seaon - Sikura/Granlund
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Kase

and combo of the following. two answers

for THIS season: Zykov/Pavelski
    beyond 18/19seaon - Sikura/Granlund
    I can't keep Kase if use one of the combos below

Interesting that you think Pavelski will have more points than Granlund.. do I smell the Eriksson effect here?

Here's my line up to have better idea:

SEGUIN 5,750,000.00 $
    BARZAL 1,294,167.00 $
    KASE 2,600,000.00 $
    FIALA 1,363,333.00 $
    REINHART 3,650,000.00 $
    DOMI 3,150,000.00 $
    FORSBERG 6,000,000.00 $
    DUBOIS 3,394,166.00 $
    KUCHEROV 4,776,666.00 $
    GALCHENYUK 4,900,000.00 $
    GAUDREAU 6,750,000.00 $
    LINDHOLM 4,850,000.00 $

GARDINER 4,050,000.00 $
    MONTOUR 3,387,500.00 $
    EK-LARSSON 5,500,000.00 $
    YANDLE 6,350,000.00 $
    PROVOROV 1,741,677.00 $
    PULOCK 2,000,000.00 $

TALBOT 4,166,667.00 $
    MURRAY 3,750,000.00 $
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]
    7 Partial Keeper (Keep 5 + 2 reserve spots) 12F (G,A=1) 6D (G,A=1.5) 2G (W=2,OTL=1,SO=1)
    F: MacKinnon, Marner, Svechnikov, J.Hughes, Konecny, Ziba, Malkin, Kaprisov, Monahan, Reinhart, Tarasenko, Seguin (Hintz while IR)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by masterjeff View Post
    I can't keep Kase if use one of the combos below

Interesting that you think Pavelski will have more points than Granlund.. do I smell the Eriksson effect here?

Here's my line up to have better idea:

SEGUIN 5,750,000.00 $
    BARZAL 1,294,167.00 $
    KASE 2,600,000.00 $
    FIALA 1,363,333.00 $
    REINHART 3,650,000.00 $
    DOMI 3,150,000.00 $
    FORSBERG 6,000,000.00 $
    DUBOIS 3,394,166.00 $
    KUCHEROV 4,776,666.00 $
    GALCHENYUK 4,900,000.00 $
    GAUDREAU 6,750,000.00 $
    LINDHOLM 4,850,000.00 $

GARDINER 4,050,000.00 $
    MONTOUR 3,387,500.00 $
    EK-LARSSON 5,500,000.00 $
    YANDLE 6,350,000.00 $
    PROVOROV 1,741,677.00 $
    PULOCK 2,000,000.00 $

TALBOT 4,166,667.00 $
    MURRAY 3,750,000.00 $
    Yeah, that gives a much better picture. If you posted this pre-Karlsson trade, I would have given the same response - part of it is I see Pavs & Granlund as pretty well a wash this year, but Zykov is going to get a better opportunity for steady top 6 minutes than Sikura will this year. That's the tipping point for me (as I read it they come as a pair) .

If Zykov sticks in the top 6 all season - I don't see much of a gap with him over Zykov (55-48pts?) . I'm in the Pavelski 70+pt camp this season (have been all summer) So if you can add Pavelski to Zykov vs. just Kase.. I do that in a heartbeat.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

It's Elias Lindholm and Kase? If that is correct, that's what I would pick personally. I really like Lindholms chances of breaking out this season. If he gets on a line with Monahan and Gaudreau then I think it's almost guaranteed. Lindholm still has a high ceiling IMO and is only 23. Those other guys might or might not contribute and take a few years to even get substantial opportunity.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    It's Elias Lindholm and Kase? If that is correct, that's what I would pick personally. I really like Lindholms chances of breaking out this season. If he gets on a line with Monahan and Gaudreau then I think it's almost guaranteed. Lindholm still has a high ceiling IMO and is only 23. Those other guys might or might not contribute and take a few years to even get substantial opportunity.
    Yeah I also had that in mind, but his breakout is dependent on two other players which gets me iffy at that price.. Kase could aim at 50, but with the situation in Carolina Zykov could very much end up very near to that no? They don't have any competition at left..
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah I also had that in mind, but his breakout is dependent on two other players which gets me iffy at that price.. Kase could aim at 50, but with the situation in Carolina Zykov could very much end up very near to that no? They don't have any competition at left..
    I think we would be overlooking Necas in that case. I think Necas is destined to be their top line C eventually. In which case, Svechnikov will likely end up on his RW and Aho on his LW.

Aho is listed at C right now as far as I can tell, but as mostly played Wing in the past. While he can be a very good C, I don't think he can be near what Necas can be at the position. That would push Zykov down to the 2nd line IMO. And I don't know if he ever cracks a 1st line of Aho - Necas - Svechnikov unless there is an injury. At least long term (in the next 2 or 3 seasons) that is how I think it will go. And personally, I think Necas is ready right now to play in the NHL. Hopefully Carolina will give him the chance. I think by the end of the season he could easily be their 1C and in the Calder conversation, probably losing out to his teammate Svechnikov. In that regard, I just don't see Zykov as being one of their top 3 offensive players.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think we would be overlooking Necas in that case. I think Necas is destined to be their top line C eventually. In which case, Svechnikov will likely end up on his RW and Aho on his LW.

Aho is listed at C right now as far as I can tell, but as mostly played Wing in the past. While he can be a very good C, I don't think he can be near what Necas can be at the position. That would push Zykov down to the 2nd line IMO. And I don't know if he ever cracks a 1st line of Aho - Necas - Svechnikov unless there is an injury. At least long term (in the next 2 or 3 seasons) that is how I think it will go. And personally, I think Necas is ready right now to play in the NHL. Hopefully Carolina will give him the chance. I think by the end of the season he could easily be their 1C and in the Calder conversation, probably losing out to his teammate Svechnikov. In that regard, I just don't see Zykov as being one of their top 3 offensive players.
    But wouldn't Necas be number 1 next year? This year being adaptation and all?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Ace

But wouldn't Necas be number 1 next year? This year being adaptation and all?
    That totally depends on where Necas is in his development, a question I don't know the answer too. However, Necas made the team out of camp last season and was returned after playing just 1 game. He was far more mature and advanced for his age than many thought. Then he went on to have a very good World JRs, looking like the best player on that Czech team IMO.

I'm sure he does need more grooming. However, he can very well come into this season and surprise everyone a la Barzal/Boeser. Right now we have no way of knowing that. But if he is ready now, then I don't see why Carolina would hold him back. If Svechnikov is as ready as he appears to be, I would want to give them both immediate time to grow with each other because they will likely be playing together for a very long time.

But even if Necas starts the season in an adaptive role, that could easily change by the 2nd half of the season. And I don't think there is any guarantee that Zykov is more ready than Necas at this point. Sure Zykov is older, 23 right now, but I don't even know if he's guaranteed to be with the Canes all season long. But Zykov might need just as much if not more adaptive time than Necas. I'm not sure the answer to that is clear right now.

In those situations I tend to lean towards talent though, of which Necas has a lot more than Zykov IMO. In the long run I think we are talking about a possible elite talent in Necas to a good to great talent in Zykov. In that regard, I think Zykov is a career 2nd liner, or will be.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Padawan

great assessment!

That totally depends on where Necas is in his development, a question I don't know the answer too. However, Necas made the team out of camp last season and was returned after playing just 1 game. He was far more mature and advanced for his age than many thought. Then he went on to have a very good World JRs, looking like the best player on that Czech team IMO.

I'm sure he does need more grooming. However, he can very well come into this season and surprise everyone a la Barzal/Boeser. Right now we have no way of knowing that. But if he is ready now, then I don't see why Carolina would hold him back. If Svechnikov is as ready as he appears to be, I would want to give them both immediate time to grow with each other because they will likely be playing together for a very long time.

But even if Necas starts the season in an adaptive role, that could easily change by the 2nd half of the season. And I don't think there is any guarantee that Zykov is more ready than Necas at this point. Sure Zykov is older, 23 right now, but I don't even know if he's guaranteed to be with the Canes all season long. But Zykov might need just as much if not more adaptive time than Necas. I'm not sure the answer to that is clear right now.

In those situations I tend to lean towards talent though, of which Necas has a lot more than Zykov IMO. In the long run I think we are talking about a possible elite talent in Necas to a good to great talent in Zykov. In that regard, I think Zykov is a career 2nd liner, or will be.
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

So Perry is out 5 months..

Do I go with Kase and Lindholm combo?
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

I could also swap Lindholm and start with Puljujarvi instead
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]

Dobber Sports Padawan

I could also swap Lindholm and start with Puljujarvi instead
    [FONT=trebuchet ms]