Thread: Standard league help - Will Rep!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Standard league help - Will Rep!

So, long time fantasy footballer, however all of my leagues are pretty deep. Usually 3 WR, 2 Flex. I'm taking over a keeper team with standard scoring, 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB and 1 flex, so very shallow by my standards.

The team I'm taking over is pretty good, my keepers are Bell, Hopkins and Evans. It's a keep 3 max, anyone that doesn't keep 3 gets picks in round 1 to 3. So theoretically top 36 kept. I pick 37th.

I'm hoping a guy like Ertz falls, but probably unlikely although I'm not sure of the level of competition in this league. Typically I wouldn't go QB that early (4 pt td) as there is a ton of value later. Problem is, I'm not really sold on any of the guys in that range. A few that catch my eye that I expect to be there:

McCoy
    Drake
    Ajayi
    Miller

Any thoughts on these guys? Any other advice? Will Rep where I can!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Standard league help - Will Rep!

Drake jumps out of that group for me. I like what he's set to produce this year.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

In a standard format, Miller or Ajayi. Prob lean towards Miller who is locked in to RB1 status for his team with no competition. Ajayi...who I like as a player...has do deal with an OC who rotates his 3 backs on any given series depending on down and distance. Clement, Ajayi and Sproles will all be involved here to varying degrees.

Drake...I'm just not convinced. Never been a fan. And not a fan of this offense generally. Not sure how many RZ opportunities Drake will see and Gore most likely to see the goal line work.

McCoy is the most talented...you could go with him but (1) shitty OL (2) he's old (3) facing stacked boxes every week (4) week 1 at Ravens...ugh.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Veteran

Drake or Miller for me.

Drake has insane talent and the ability to bust one at any time. While the team as a whole doesn't look great, I think there are enough pieces there to help things along for Drake.

Miller is on the better team with a better supporting cast that, in all likelihood, will put more points on the board. But Miller is a supporting player, not the focal point, which makes him much less inspiring to me compared to someone like Drake. And I'm still not convinced that Foreman doesn't take a big chunk of that work over the second half when/if he returns. Miller was already losing his grip on that job last year (hell, even Alfred Blue was encroaching and starting to take more work than Miller at the end of last season).

So, Drake for me.

P.s. I loathe Ajayi from a fantasy perspective, and have McCoy waaaay down my draft board compared to many others. Which is to say, I wouldn't even consider them over the other two. But that's me; I understand that reasonable minds can differ.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Veteran

Thanks guys!

The more I read up and research, the more I'm leaning Drake. He's the only one there I think can turn RB1 numbers. Miller is safer, but lower upside. More chance he slides as well, so I may even be able to pick him up at 60. I'm an Eagles fan, so I was avoiding Ajayi. Their system doesn't really allow for a workhorse.

Again, I don't really know the league well yet, so I'm totally unsure as to how the draft will run. There is the potential for guys like Cooper, Ertz, Baldwin or Hilton to slide. I'd definitely take Ertz, on the fence on Baldwin or Cooper, not really sold on Hilton rebounding. Any thoughts on those guys?

I've repped where I could.

I would agree that Drake has the higher ceiling over Miller.
    @SmittysRant