Thread: Who will be #1 G this year? Saros grabauer hutton bernier darling ward

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who will be #1 G this year? Saros grabauer hutton bernier darling ward

Looking to draft a potential #1 G in the round 2 or 3 of my draft and the Gs probably available by then are unclear #1 like Saros, bernier, Hutton, Darling, Ward, grubauer etc.

Who do you think will take over #1 G this year?

Do you believe Saros will take over the #1 G in Nashville this ear? Should we targethim as a sleeper pick or is it still too early?

Rinne is getting old. So its only a matter of time.. but is it this year?
    Keep 6 - 14 team H2H Yahoo - Categories: G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG FW HIT BLK / GS W GAA SV% SHO
    C: T.Thompson, Aho
    LW: B.Tkachuk, M. Tkachuk
    RW:
    D: Dahlin, Fox, Mcavoy
    G:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who will be #1 G this year? Saros grabauer hutton bernier darling ward

Rinne still has one year left and I don't see him doing poorly enough where they make Saros the number 1. Unless Rinne gets hurt for a significant amount of time. Hutton more than likely starts as the number 1 in Buffalo and I think he will do ok. So he's an option. Ward will only be the number one if Crawford isn't fully healthy enough to start the season and needs more time to recover. Not sure about his status at this time. I'll definitely say no to Bernier. Darling will probably start as the number 1 but if he repeats last years play, that won't last long. Grubauer probably starts as number 2 but very well could take the number one so he's another option. I'd say Hutton, Grubauer then Darling. Saros as a backup option.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who will be #1 G this year? Saros grabauer hutton bernier darling ward

Gun to my head? Darling, Hannifan out Hamilton in. Both are guys who get sheltered starts but Dougie produces points. Lindholm out Svechnikov in. Svechnikov will have a greater impact on Carolina than Lindholm ever has. I think Darling will be average 2.40 - 2.50 .915%. Start 55 games win 25.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Deity

The only guys I am going to say who have a strong chance to be #1s is Darling and Hutton and even then, both will have formidable competition trying to steal their jobs. Mrazek will be doing what he can to prove he's still a legit starter and Ullmark is the heir apparent in Buffalo.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    Looking to draft a potential #1 G in the round 2 or 3 of my draft
    Who isn't?
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The only guys I am going to say who have a strong chance to be #1s is Darling and Hutton and even then, both will have formidable competition trying to steal their jobs. Mrazek will be doing what he can to prove he's still a legit starter and Ullmark is the heir apparent in Buffalo.
    This sums it up perfectly
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Jedi

Hutton (he's a stop gap)

Grubs - platoon/insurance this year with hopes of taking over next

Ward - take the load off Crow - replace if not able

Darling/Mrazek - meh, not sure that either can carry a 50game load

Saros, his 3yrs 1.5AAv extension makes you think Rinne will be sticking around a bit longer than his current 1yr contract

Bernier, hasn't bee able to prove anywhere he can be a starter. Det. isn't strong enough in front of him to help him out or change this story
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

As is often the case, I agree wholeheartedly with Axeman.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Grubauer for me... and by a good margin.
    He's signed for the 3yr ($10m).

I see no world where Varlamov is part of the Avalanche future.
    So I think they give Grubauer every chance to play.
    I think he gets 3/5 starts, even early in season.

see Hurricanes, Carolina 2017-2018
    It's basically the new contract guy, Darling(Grubauer), vs. old- last year of UFA-guy Ward(Varly).
    How did Carolina open that duo?
    Here ya go...

[FWIW - I thought Vegas should've picked Grubauer from WAS expose list. But they got Schmidt & Fleury as their D/G, which is... net better than someotherD & Grubauer.]

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Hutton (he's a stop gap)

Grubs - platoon/insurance this year with hopes of taking over next

Ward - take the load off Crow - replace if not able

Darling/Mrazek - meh, not sure that either can carry a 50game load

Saros, his 3yrs 1.5AAv extension makes you think Rinne will be sticking around a bit longer than his current 1yr contract

Bernier, hasn't bee able to prove anywhere he can be a starter. Det. isn't strong enough in front of him to help him out or change this story
    Agree with Lucafen here. My favs are Grub's to eventually usurp Varly and Saros to over take Rinne... but I put money on that NOT happening this year and that's what you're looking for. Darling... meh... I wasn't a believer last year and that hasn't changed this year.

Administrator

Hutton and Darling are kind of there already.
    Ward and Grubauer have a good chance due to injury.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust