Thread: HockeyDB

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default HockeyDB

Not sure when they did the overhaul, but the new site looks amazing!

I use this site a ton to check past statistics and stuff, and I\'m sure most of you do as well.

www.hockeydb.com
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default HockeyDB

Looks top shelf - must\'ve just happened. No problem spending a couple of hours at a time on that site too.
    10 team Sal Cap Dynasty league (since '85) - points only, 3 gms./week, 35-man roster + 3 goalies + unsigned prospects. Pos by THN Yrbk

C H Sedin Toews E Staal C Giroux Ribeiro Peverley
    LW D Sedin Kovalchuk Gagne Kulemin Brouwer Latendresse
    RW Gaborik Burrows Hornqvist Voracek Hejduk SKostitsyn
    D Doughty Yandle Kaberle, McBain
    G NJ, ANA, MIN

Prospects: van Riemsdyk, Frolik, Berglund, Tangradi, MP Svensson, BConnolly,OE Larsson, Josefson, M Johansson, Glennie, Shirokov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default HockeyDB

Nice. I use it often, nice to see it all prettied up!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default HockeyDB

I didn\'t want to say anything since I thought I was late to the party. :laugh:

HockeyDB has seen each section, slowly but surely, change over to the new format over the last little while.

I first saw it... maybe a week ago? I\'m losing track of days here. Anyhow, I tried searching for a player and the whole thing was down. On Friday, I was checking out some draft results via a Yahoo link. When I decided to click to the home page, I saw the new layout.

To be honest, a lot of details are being packed and linked together. It\'s not a springboard site (to kickstart an information hunt) or a supplemental site any more.

The search function is a bit spotty (seemingly due to a script error). Hopefully they can tighten it up. I really like the details given when looking for a guy as it often saved me from clicking on a particular guy.

Actually, a lot of the site seems to be wonky. It\'ll probably be a bit before the bugs are squashed but, as a whole, not only a visual improvement but also in terms on content.
    G 1.5/A 1.25/+- .75/S .15/PPP 1/SHP 2.5
    GS .75/W 1.75/L -1/SO 4/GA .75/SA .15

C: Malkin; Getzlaf; Toews; Backstrom; Carter; Turris*; Frolik*; Oshie*
    L: Parise; Vanek; Clowe; Hartnell; Semin
    R: Hemsky; Doan; Setoguchi; Sullivan; Ryder; Giroux*
    D: Phaneuf; Green; Boyle; Timonen; McCabe; Barker; Yandle; Shattenkirk*; Goligoski*
    G: Luongo; Nabokov; Brodeur; Bernier*

Banned

Default HockeyDB

whoaaaa that looks totally different, it was so stripped down before but quite functional...great asset for settling bar bets and looking up historical data.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default HockeyDB

A beauty now in not only information but visually as well. Always loved the player encoder so glad to see that front and center.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Ace

Default HockeyDB

yeah, i went there yesterday for the first time in a while to look up who nazem kadri got traded for and i thought i had stumbled on to a completely different site.

the search function worked alright for me, so hopefully they\'ve already ironed out the problems that hoju outlined.
    13 team yahoo roto league keep 17/25
    G,A,P,PPP,PIM,SHP,SOG,FW,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

c-tavares, krejci, gourde, lowry, czarnik, zacha
    lw-lehkonen, vesey, r.smith, hinostroza, heinen
    rw-zuccarello, duclair, sheary, d.brown, nichushkin
    d-letang, krug, gostisbehere, doughty, lindell, slavin, cholowski
    g-fleury, holtby, hutton
    ir-pacioretty, grzelcyk
    farm-batherson, farabee, jokiharju, kaprizov, hawryluk, n.roy, terry, t.thompson, tufte, vesalainen, walman, c.white, bracco

Dobber Sports Expert

Default HockeyDB

J Status wrote:
    A beauty now in not only information but visually as well. Always loved the player encoder so glad to see that front and center.
    what is the player encoder?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default HockeyDB

Wow that\'s crazy. I use the site all the time as it is one of the best stat databases out there. I was just searching yesterday and saw the old site...if you google a player and \"hockey db\" then you still get the old site..try it out.
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default HockeyDB

repenttokyo wrote:
    J Status wrote:
    what is the player encoder?
    http://www.hockeydb.com/tools/encode.html
    G 1.5/A 1.25/+- .75/S .15/PPP 1/SHP 2.5
    GS .75/W 1.75/L -1/SO 4/GA .75/SA .15

C: Malkin; Getzlaf; Toews; Backstrom; Carter; Turris*; Frolik*; Oshie*
    L: Parise; Vanek; Clowe; Hartnell; Semin
    R: Hemsky; Doan; Setoguchi; Sullivan; Ryder; Giroux*
    D: Phaneuf; Green; Boyle; Timonen; McCabe; Barker; Yandle; Shattenkirk*; Goligoski*
    G: Luongo; Nabokov; Brodeur; Bernier*